Silly topic!? Suggestions for place to watch tomorrow's semi-final appreciated

Fiona

Very sorry to introduce what might be a silly topic, but I need to find a pub or something in Manchester that is kid-friendly, where my 13-year-old son and my husband can watch the FA cup semi-final tomorrow. We're from Ireland and have only been to Manchester once (last year, for a City match).

I'd bought tickets for the West Brom match originally scheduled for today as a birthday gift for my son. I'd already paid for flights, hotel, etc. so they've continued with the trip (they'll be back on 16 May for the West Brom fixture, of course!). My son is really looking forward to watching the semi-final actually in Manchester (the husband's an Arsenal fan), so I'm trying to find a pub or other atmospheric venue that won't be utterly jammed and allows kids. My googling hasn't turned up anything.

I know this is very off-topic, but any advice anyone might have would be very sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

Fiona

In or near the centre, I suppose. To try to fill the weekend, I booked them into a 'Break-out Manchester' event tomorrow that ends at 1.30pm (I'd expected the semi-final to be scheduled as 5.15pm, not 3pm). So they won't be able to get to a pub really early to nab a space. But maybe there's a pub outside the city centre that would work better if they jumped in a taxi, as they're not in a mad dash to the airport afterwards.

In the city centre ?
In or near the centre, I suppose. To try to fill the weekend, I booked them into a 'Break-out Manchester' event tomorrow that ends at 1.30pm (I'd expected the semi-final to be scheduled as 5.15pm, not 3pm). So they won't be able to get to a pub really early to nab a space. But maybe there's a pub outside the city centre that would work better if they jumped in a taxi, as they're not in a mad dash to the airport afterwards.

The bier Keller in the print works is good for football, though not to everyone's taste.. but I've got a feeling kids aren't allowed in. However there will be other bars in the print works or surrounding area, Northern Quarter if no good

There is an American themed sports bar called second city bar, in Ancoats, 10 minute walk from the centre. Never been in myself, but it's aimed at families I believe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.