Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Whilst the second half was decent the first was bang average in front of goal.

For all of our possession we didn't have one shot on target and gave Southampton one or two good chances from the little possession they had.

Like Pep said, it's in the boxes where we have struggled this season.

Our build up has improved in recent weeks as well.

Ive just explained it to some one else.

Im not saying that...Im saying that rules are interpreted differently (wrongly so) when the keeper is involved. Sorry if i didnt make that clear.

For example, you cannot even touch the keeper now in the 6 yd area without giving a foul away but two players jumping for a high ball and they touch and a foul isn't given (sometimes)

Im not saying tis right but there is often a different interpretation of the rules when a keeper is involved....(again wrongly) in my view but it does happen.

Stop backtracking, back on page 37 you said if it was an outfield player it would have been a penalty. However you're saying it isn't a penalty because it's a keeper, so it's you that's making up (interpreted - whatever the fuck that means) rules to try and make it out you're right. The rules are the fucking rules, outfield player or keeper, you take someone down in the box it's a penalty.

The only thing that got on my nerves today was the idiots on BT Sport , after they mentioned Pep's 100 team changes this season for about the 50th time i had to mute it , Hoddle the dim f*cker gave an example of the Chavs making the least changes , but forget to mention they have played around 20 less games than us , what a f*cking moron.
Good all round team performance Swarbrick did his best by cheating us out of a blatant penalty , if Merlin could finish/shoot he would be the best premier league player ever seen , the positives Vinny's performance and back to his best , Sane his body strength and awareness are unbelievable for a young kid , KDB still not at this peak but always a game changer , surprisingly both full backs looked OK today , Aguero working his socks off for the team , Dinho and Yaya controlling midfield and snuffing out danger.
Possibly our best away performance in the premier league this season , shame it comes when the title race is over , but a great display which will worry the Goons for next week , they could get a proper good hiding if we keep this up.

And that guy used to manage the national team of England? A professional operating at the highest level? It's incredible...

As I said, decent punditry is a lost battle, statistics do not support such a thing. People should use their own brain analysing realities they observe on / off the pitch, the only thing they get by listening to "experts" is confusion...

Team played great. Performance and result just what was needed leading into two massive games.

Ecstatic for the fearless leader. His goal celebration was something else. So emotional. Great to see.

KDB grew into the game. Happy for Navas and Bravo.

Glad Sergio was OK after that nasty rake.

Just seen the penalty appeal for the first time. Super slow mo says correct decision but fuck me, I had to see about four different angles before I was convinced. Not sure how the ref spotted it in real time.
He didn't. He simply wasn't sure, so he didn't give it. The fact that Sane didn't protest for one also made it a bit easier to give the corner.

One shot on target in 90 minutes for southampton, we scored three from five

Yeah defensively we were good bar one or two shaky moments in the first half but nothing major.

I just thought our first half considering our dominance should have seen us achieve at least one goal.

It was, wasnt it. Not to mentiom the saints had better players who got stolen away by Liverpool, and a better manager who got stolen awsy by Everton. Not to mention Pellars didn't have Sane or a fit Kompany.

The conditions are so different that its sad to make this about Pellars. :(

No "a" in Pellegrini. Add it to your algorithm.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.