Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Oh just shut up you boring ****, you've repeated the same bullshit point about half a dozen times in this thread and however you try to hide it a goal is a goal. Whether it's a Vinny header or comes off Aguero's left testicle, who gives a shit.
Stuffs coming off kun's testicle ?

Delighted with today's game. Seen the game twice, once at ground and just finished watching BT coverage.

Lots of good performances; Vinnie and KDB the most outstanding. Dave and Yaya just knitted everything together. The defence were solid. Sergio worked his rocks off even though not everything he touched turned to gold.

Have to wonder if Pep had City work on that movement of KDB going to the byline around the edge of the six yard area?

Clichy gets the ball first before contact and there is no difference if it's the keeper, same rules apply as Graham Poll confirmed at half time today it was a penalty despite the keeper getting the slightest of touches... what this shows is lots of people don't understand the rules... which is deliberate as far as I'm concerned, so the FA can justify different decisions, of the same incidents for different teams.....

Im not saying the rules are different but they are interpreted differently (wrongly but all the time) when a keeper is involved.

The ref that gave the feedback on the highlights i just saw also said that the ref had to be sure to give a penalty and if he wasn't then it was the right decision not to give a penalty (even though his point of view having watched the video numerous times was that it was a penalty). He said it was a "grey one" (i.e. very difficult to decide) and therefore the ref was right not to give it as it wasn't clear cut.

The players reaction says it all to me....Sane says it wasn't a penalty nor did he appeal at the time.

The goal keeper gets a touch (that is undeniable) but he cant exactly then suddenly get out of the way/he cant disappear so there is going to be contact but that comes after the ball has been touched.

I not believe the Clichy one was a penalty either just so you know

Because it's a keeper it ain't a foul? Please do explain that to me because you clearly don't understand the rules of the game.

Ive just explained it to some one else.

Im not saying that...Im saying that rules are interpreted differently (wrongly so) when the keeper is involved. Sorry if i didnt make that clear.

For example, you cannot even touch the keeper now in the 6 yd area without giving a foul away but two players jumping for a high ball and they touch and a foul isn't given (sometimes)

Im not saying tis right but there is often a different interpretation of the rules when a keeper is involved....(again wrongly) in my view but it does happen.

You, like the ref, are wrong: that should have been a penalty. The keeper does not make a save but he does bring Sane down. It's Sane that moves the ball; the keeper's merest of touches on the ball is inconsequential; his contact with Leroy is not.

no I'm not wrong....my opinion is just different to yours.....i can handle that

Typical bloody City,worked myself up into a right state prior to kick off and what happens,no bloody stress,no gut wrenching agony,no nail biting,a bloody stroll in the park.Add to that Vincent bloody Kompany,I,m waiting for his usual ham string injury when up he launches himself for a bullet header for the opening goal,then he tears off like a demented loon to share his joy with the fans.Sorry I can,t watch this type of performance,it looks so easy,I want to have a good moan,bloody hell even Navas could have shared Man of the match.why has it all gone wrong.Come back Pierce,had a good moan when he was in charge.Typical.

Chuffed for the Bravo clean sheet.
As a fellow american from the south, I wish him the best every time he's keeping for the Blues. Would never boo him.
As a fellow american from the south, I wish him the worst every time he's keeping for la rota. Will always boo him (healf-heartedly though as he's still a blue)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.