Sports Bar in Boston

Yeah it's still there. Used to be called the Bull and FInch but it was renamed to Cheers some time ago. I haven't been for decades now. The outside is the same but the inside is very different from the TV show interior. All the interior shots were shot in Hollywood. You can I think get a drink there called a Mayday Malone I believe...;)
Yes I went in the early 1990's. Stood outside, photo taken and then went inside and lasted 2 mins before walking out.
Looked nothing like the set and food / drink expensive for the privilege......

There is a Cheers bar (or was last time i was there 4 years ago) in that Market Hall (forgrt its name but begins with F) with card board cut outs of the characters

Yes I went in the early 1990's. Stood outside, photo taken and then went inside and lasted 2 mins before walking out.
Looked nothing like the set and food / drink expensive for the privilege......

There is a Cheers bar (or was last time i was there 4 years ago) in that Market Hall (forgrt its name but begins with F) with card board cut outs of the characters
Faneuil Hall, but don’t think that bar is there anymore.

Think it may have become a Margaritaville, actually. Haha.

National Rail
No idea what that means.
There are 2 main stations (that don't connect).
South Station which covers the er, south and west of Boston locally and Amtrak to New York, Chicago etc
North Station is situated at the TD Garden where the Bruins and Celtics play and serves the North locally and New Hampshire / Maine / Montreal on Amtrak

The Eagle is decent, not far from the train station.

More of an old fashioned pub with lot of ales and sport on telly.
The Boston Eagle closed, mate.

No idea what that means.
There are 2 main stations (that don't connect).
South Station which covers the er, south and west of Boston locally and Amtrak to New York, Chicago etc
North Station is situated at the TD Garden where the Bruins and Celtics play and serves the North locally and New Hampshire / Maine / Montreal on Amtrak
I’ve spent more hours than I care to admit in North Station, before the massive renovations and building the new garden entrance and station concourse, when it was shite and often standing room only when half the trains were cancelled and commuters began to pile up around 6 PM waiting to battle for a spot on the next round.

I shudder thinking about the brutality I saw in winter on those platforms. The humanity.

Yeah it's still there. Used to be called the Bull and FInch but it was renamed to Cheers some time ago. I haven't been for decades now. The outside is the same but the inside is very different from the TV show interior. All the interior shots were shot in Hollywood. You can I think get a drink there called a Mayday Malone I believe...;)
So many little scenes (usually intros) were filmed on the street outside the bar. Were they all done in one go or did they fly to Boston every year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.