Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

He a dirty bastard dilly dally
tumblr_p13hyc4dEd1tf8a5ao1_400.gif

Did anyone think Sterling’s first goal was offside ? Hard to tell from the footage but it balances out from last seasons Walkers push on Raheem and the penalty awarded against Sterling when the ball hit his shoulder from the year before when Spuds won.
Not by the rules of interpretation that referees use. Offside is measured from when the ball is first touched by the player, not when the ball is released from the foot.

I liked this passage of The Times match report, summed up Alli's contribution well.

In the 90th minute, Dier missed Bernardo Silva’s through-ball and Sterling nutmegged Lloris before rolling City’s fourth into the empty net.

This typified the humiliation meted out to almost all of Spurs’ leading players. Kane had his moments, but was lucky not be sent off. Lloris, Dier and Vertonghen had shockers. Alli was only a factor in the game when being spiteful; the 17-year-old Phil Foden, making his Premier League debut in a 10-minute cameo, created more.

I actually think that Ali deserved a Red, but that would have given Poch/Spurs/Fans just the excuse they wanted in defeat.
WITH ELEVEN on the field at the end - bang goes that excuse.

Excellent point. He and Kane deserved a Red and we should have had a penslty for the Mangala push.

Even so, the matchday forum would have been on fire if someone had committed the foul Otemendi did without a red card. In the end I thought the referee used his discretion well (the Mangala push was easy to miss and we didn’t kick up a fuss).

Like you said - it’s bloody awesome to win with no excuses offered or taken. I am so thrilled with the way we play.

I do hope this is Right and the snarly, snide little shithouse gets a ban.

He won't be. The FA has already said they only look at things that are brought to their attention, and I don't see any major media carrying this story.

I do hope this is Right and the snarly, snide little shithouse gets a ban.
He is a proper grim bastard isn't he? He'd fit in well at united. I could definitely see him piling into a changing room trying to kick off because he's had a terrible match and can't take defeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.