Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

He is a proper grim bastard isn't he? He'd fit in well at united. I could definitely see him piling into a changing room trying to kick off because he's had a terrible match and can't take defeat.
Horrible bastard, and England can fuck off if they pick this nasty , whiny, sly little twatflap.

Still can't get the pre match nerves out of my head, keep thinking we're gonna struggle but game after game we keep serving up amazing football.
If you'd of told me that otamendi. Delph, mangala would be 3 of our back four and we'd still continue to play like we are I'd of told you your mad.
Loving the media wankfest and the oil and petrol bollocks.

If you'd of told me that otamendi. Delph, mangala would be 3 of our back four and we'd still continue to play like we are I'd of told you your mad.

Ederson being behind them must have a lot to do with it: he's phenomenal. I was gutted for him with us conceding at the last moment and denying him the clean sheet. He's absolutely immense.

What a brilliant game of football. Spurs fans will be happier than the rag scum last week because they had the guts to have a go at us, I don’t think anyone can moan when both teams give everything to win.

As for us, KDB possibly had the best game he’s ever had for us. In fact I’d go as far as saying that’s probably the best individual performance of any player I’ve ever seen at 34 years old. It had absolutely everything - his work rate is just phenomenal, he wins tackles, he closes people down as well as anyone, he tracks runners and his attitude just inspires the rest of his teammates. When you add his talent to the mix, his assists and goals and his ability to completely dominate games we surely have the best player in the world on our hands at the moment.

Special mentions to Mangala and Gundogan too. Mangala isn’t technically good enough we all know that but he deserves our full backing because he gives everything he’s got in every game. Gundogan is just pure class, he really looks like he’s getting his mojo back. He’s just one of those players you happily pay to watch, he’s not a Hollywood highlights reel player but just someone genuine football fans really appreciate.

Managala looked a lot more composed yesterday. Maybe, even he is getting the confidence now.

Ederson being behind them must have a lot to do with it: he's phenomenal. I was gutted for him with us conceding at the last moment and denying him the clean sheet. He's absolutely immense.
This I felt devestated for him, we have conceded some proper shit goals recently and without them he could be on his way to a golden glove.

I know we're seeing history here each and every week but i don't think the majority will truly appreciate it until 5/10 years down the line. That genuinely could and perhaps should have been about 8 which makes what i'm going to say next completely ridiculous, we barely got out of 2nd gear today.

Ederson was class when he needed to be, a handful of excellent saves and somehow his passing is getting even better, that one pass out to the right wing second half was something KDB would be proud of. Felt for him missing out on the clean sheet as him and the defence deserved it.

In defence, Otamendi had a few brain farts again but has really stepped up as the senior figure at the back since Stones got injured. Walker was excellent, seemed to be keen to show Spurs just what they are missing. Mangala was immense and deserves huge credit again, completely shackled Kane, looked composed, covered brilliantly and his passing was decent. Delph too continues to astound, based on that, you'd say he was the £50 million rated left back and Rose was the midfielder playing out of position.\\\

In midfielder Fernandinho controls to run games, he had an 8 or 9/10 game yet there's not much to say about him other than he was his typical self which is a testament to his consistency. Was a big game for Gundogan who really needed to impose himself on the game and i'm delighted he stepped up. Still more to come from him which will probably come from more frequent game time but it was miles better than recent games for him. Excellent header too. KDB i could write an essay on the man but instead i don't think i need to say anything, we all saw how brilliant he was. Ran the show and nobody could get near him.

Upfront Aguero did reasonably well, looked lively, was on his weaker foot granted but probably should have scored in the first half but it was a beautiful first touch to set himself up for it. Sterling scored two but should have had 4 or 5 for himself, poor finishing and wasn't involved as much as he has been of late but was a constant threat and the Spurs defence knew it and he still scored a brace. Sane i thought was our most dangerous player, had Trippier on toast from the first minute, he was superb throughout but i felt we should have utilised his pace more by isolating him and Trippier and let Sane run at him more.
Excellent summary...

Another thrilling performance. Crazy really. We won 16 games on the trott. SIXTEEN!
Best part to me was a near 15 minutes period in the 1st half that started some minutes after we scored 1-0 when we played absolutely fantastic high tempo football that just made me scream “Wow!” and “Oh!”.
And knowing we were without several who would probably have played when available, the ones taking over just seem to fit in as an even better option. It’s simply breathtaking. Can’t think of anything other than positives.

There's something I really like about Mangala is playing as well... It's pretty obvious Pep has given him a load of 1 on 1 coaching, told him to keep it simple, play the pass to a blue shirt if there's an easy and obvious one, but if not, don't worry, don't panic, just put the ball out of play and we'll pick it up from there.

He definitely isn't playing out from the back in all circumstances, which has been Pep's approach previously. It's a lot more pragmatic, and you know what, Mangala looks a whole lot more relaxed for it. I thought he had a great game yesterday - I was really impressed.

Must admit I was nervous about the result before yesterday's game.
I don' t know why. They'e unstoppable!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.