Squad for China tour named

No Zivchenko?

I expect Kompany to join in as the clubs' ambassador for the players and continuing his build-up training to full fitness. He surely should be ahead of Gundogan.

I reckognize these trips are about money and sponsors, but as a manager (especially a new one) you can hardly enjoy these kind of trips for your players.
Numerous reports that Pep wasn't best pleased with these fixtures. It will be intresting to see his influence on pre season matches chosen next year.

Numerous reports that Pep wasn't best pleased with these fixtures. It will be intresting to see his influence on pre season matches chosen next year.
Yes and from a preparation point of view I can see why. However, this tour of China will probably net enough to pay the wages for a month or six weeks and that impacts significantly upon the bottom line.

Zinchenko, Unal and Iheanacho are all having Visa issues so aren't included in there, but City said that squad is 'subject to change' which I'm guessing means they'll be added as and when they get the Visa stuff sorted. Also implies Stones can be added at some point before the games in China (He's in Manchester right now if you haven't heard, so should sign in the next few days).

wouldn,t be surprised if he was furious withthese fixtures.
who, in their right mind, wouldn,t be.?
best manager in the world raises eyebrows at heavy pre season fixture list dragging a group of players round the globe and still some of our fans think theres nothing wrong with it.
incredible.
there will be more and more players breaking down with injury directly caused from over-playing and returning from injury too soon, then the powers that be , at City might listen to Peps concerns.
The situation needs addressing,and it needs doing quickly.
Not everything that counts can be counted.

I just can't believe we didn't schedule at least 1 or 2 tune-up type games. Nothing but glamour friendlies with very little time to give the kids a true run-out seems like a huge oversight. A game vs a team like Wigan would have gone a long way. Why not play Bury or something?

Yes and from a preparation point of view I can see why. However, this tour of China will probably net enough to pay the wages for a month or six weeks and that impacts significantly upon the bottom line.
I

We are also partly owned by Chinese so there will be a commitment to play games in China as part of the deal. Don't forget, that sale to them valued the club at £2B.

If we want to compete with the corporate giants like United, we have to take the corporate money.
Whilst the level of competition might not be great I think City have it within themselves to either treat it as Harlem Globetrotters exhibition, or as a genuine workout. It up to City to put in the effort or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.