Squad for next season

We have a fantastic squad of players with only the odd tweak and adjustment required to improve the strength.

What we need to do is collect the odd player in the odd position which will significantly improve the first team than spend another summer collecting squad players.

A lot of the squad players this year, I think, are being judged on games when three or four of them have been chucked in together which is not ideal to walk into when the first team is unsettled and other players are returning to competitive action as opposed to kick abouts on the training field.

If we chuck out 9 or ten players as suggested we will face another season of transition. Dzeko for example is third choice striker yet has got 20 goals this year, some of our rivals cannot find one, main striker to match that. We do not know how lucky we are.

Out : Dzeko, Garcia, Richards, Boyata, Barry, Lescott, Pant, Guidetti
In: Caballero, Sagna, Mangala, Fernado, Barkley, Zuculini

Goalkeepers
Hart , Caballero ,Wright
RB
Zabba , Sagna
CB
Vinny, Mangala, MDM, Nastasic ,Rekik
LB
Kolarov , Clichy
Midfielders
Ferna , Fernado ,Yaya , Silva, Milner, Navas, Rodwell, Nasri , Barkley , Zuculini, Lopes
Forwards
Aguero , Jovetic, Negredo

Here is my summary of who is here at the moment and what might happen, just my ideas anyway.

1. Joe Hart > - year on contract left, Probably get a new contract soon
2. Micah Richards - 1 year on contract left. Probably sold before leaves for free and replaced with a backup
4. Vincent Kompany - On a new contract
5. Pablo Zabaleta - On a new contract
6. Joleon Lescott - Out of contract, replaced with a new CB
7. James Milner - 1 year left on contract, should get renewed over summer?
8. Samir Nasri - 1 year left on contract, should get renewed over summer?
9. Álvaro Negredo
10. Edin Dzeko - 1 year left on contract. Might get sold? Depends on new striker situation and if City start contract talks
13. Aleksandar Kolarov - 1 year left on contract, should get a new one
14. Javi García
15. Jesús Navas
16. Sergio Agüero
17. Jack Rodwell - Young but it hasn't worked here, probably get sold back to Everton or who knows?
21. David Silva - On a new contract
22. Gaël Clichy - Think he'll be moved on
25. Fernandinho
26. Martín Demichelis - Decent backup, another year of contract left yet
29. Richard Wright - Out of contract, probably will get moved on, he's 36! Either Casillas/Valdes in probably?
30. Costel Pantilimon - Has said he wants to leave in the last year, maybe Casillas/Valdes in? 2 years on contract yet
35. Stevan Jovetic
38. Dedryck Boyata - Young but out of contract in the summer, will probably get moved on
42. Yaya Touré - Getting on now, probably a couple of years left in him! I reckon will get moved to NYCFC when his contract runs out in 2017

Other players include
Scott Sinclair > Probably sold or loaned? Flanagan made a gaff and reckoned they were off to London? Fulham, Spurs, West Ham ?
Gareth Barry > Out of contract, probably end up at Everton for another year and later NYCFC?
John Guidetti > Needs to be moved on, doubt he'll ever break in as a striker past Jovetic/Negredo/Dzeko or Aguero
Emyr Huws > Out of contract, probably will end up staying at Birmingham
Alex Henshall > Out of contract, probably end up staying at Ipswich or new club?

inbetween said:
Here is my summary of who is here at the moment and what might happen, just my ideas anyway.

1. Joe Hart > - year on contract left, Probably get a new contract soon
2. Micah Richards - 1 year on contract left. Probably sold before leaves for free and replaced with a backup
4. Vincent Kompany - On a new contract
5. Pablo Zabaleta - On a new contract
6. Joleon Lescott - Out of contract, replaced with a new CB
7. James Milner - 1 year left on contract, should get renewed over summer?
8. Samir Nasri - 1 year left on contract, should get renewed over summer?
9. Álvaro Negredo
10. Edin Dzeko - 1 year left on contract. Might get sold? Depends on new striker situation and if City start contract talks
13. Aleksandar Kolarov - 1 year left on contract, should get a new one
14. Javi García
15. Jesús Navas
16. Sergio Agüero
17. Jack Rodwell - Young but it hasn't worked here, probably get sold back to Everton or who knows?
21. David Silva - On a new contract
22. Gaël Clichy - Think he'll be moved on
25. Fernandinho
26. Martín Demichelis - Decent backup, another year of contract left yet
29. Richard Wright - Out of contract, probably will get moved on, he's 36! Either Casillas/Valdes in probably?
30. Costel Pantilimon - Has said he wants to leave in the last year, maybe Casillas/Valdes in? 2 years on contract yet
35. Stevan Jovetic
38. Dedryck Boyata - Young but out of contract in the summer, will probably get moved on
42. Yaya Touré - Getting on now, probably a couple of years left in him! I reckon will get moved to NYCFC when his contract runs out in 2017

Other players include
Scott Sinclair > Probably sold or loaned? Flanagan made a gaff and reckoned they were off to London? Fulham, Spurs, West Ham ?
Gareth Barry > Out of contract, probably end up at Everton for another year and later NYCFC?
John Guidetti > Needs to be moved on, doubt he'll ever break in as a striker past Jovetic/Negredo/Dzeko or Aguero
Emyr Huws > Out of contract, probably will end up staying at Birmingham
Alex Henshall > Out of contract, probably end up staying at Ipswich or new club?

I think Dzeko is the tough one, he has scored 20+ goals for us again this season but i suppose the question is does he fit in the way that we are trying to play? He isn't the best at holding the ball up and he isn't the quickest so would slow down any quick moves. Having said that can you really afford to sell someone that scores 20 goals a season. If he was to leave we would have to replace him, im not confident going into a season with Aguero and Jovetic as two of our three strikers, surely we would have to bring in someone of proven quality to replace him.

I pretty much agree with the rest, I would like to see Garcia stay because you need squad players like him that will do a job when their brought in but won't spit their dummy out if they don't get a game for a few weeks. Still not convinced that Rodwell is going to make it at City, surely if we are looking to sign Barkley then we could look at using Rodwell as part of any deal.

Huws, Guidetti, who knows. From what ive seen of Huws he could make it in the championship right now, Guidetti is probably the same, I just think the premier league is too big a step for them at the moment.

After this season, I will have a hard time seeing Dzeko leave. No matter his flaws, the guy stays healthy and provides results. In my opinion, I prefer the other 3 strikers over him on the pitch, but he's the only one of the lot that we can count on to stay away from the medics. If he leaves, we need another guy just like him. So why not just keep him unless the financials simply don't work?

Pokes28 said:
After this season, I will have a hard time seeing Dzeko leave. No matter his flaws, the guy stays healthy and provides results. In my opinion, I prefer the other 3 strikers over him on the pitch, but he's the only one of the lot that we can count on to stay away from the medics. If he leaves, we need another guy just like him. So why not just keep him unless the financials simply don't work?

Yeah. He's not everyone's favourite but is there a real need to sell him or any great benefit in doing so?

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart (ENG) HG
Richard Wright (ENG) HG
Alex McCarthy (ENG) HG

Defenders

Eliaquim Mangala (FRA)
Karim Rekik (HOL) HG
Matija Nastasic (SRB)
Aleksandar Kolarov (SRB)
Vincent Kompany (BEL)
Martin Demichelis (ARG)
Nathaniel Clyne (ENG) HG
Pablo Zabaleta (ARG)
Luke Shaw (ENG) HG

Midfielders

Fernando (BRA)
Fernandinho (BRA)
Jesus Navas (ESP)
James Milner (ENG) HG
Samir Nasri (FRA)
David Silva (ESP)
Javi Garcia (ESP)
Yaya Toure (CIV)
Morgan Schneiderlin (FRA) HG
Emyr Huws (WAL) HG
Marcos Lopes (POR) HG

Strikers

Sergio Aguero (ARG)
Stevan Jovetic (MNE)
Alvaro Negredo (SPA)
Edin Dzeko (BIH)
John Guidetti (SWE) HG

Out:

Costel Pantilimon (ROM)
Gareth Barry (ENG)
Joleon Lescott (ENG)
Scott Sinclair (ENG)
Gael Clichy (FRA)
Jack Rodwell (ENG)
Micah Richards (ENG)
(Maybe Dzeko?)

In:

Eliaquim Mangala (FRA)
Luke Shaw (ENG)
Morgan Schneiderlin (FRA)
Fernando (BRA)
Alex McCarthy (ENG)
Nathaniel Clyne (ENG)
(Maybe somebody to replace Dzeko?)

If dreams came true..

I'm not sure about Dzeko either. As a #3 he's a very good option. With Aguero's injury record we need someone we can count on being fit to fill in. Unless we can get someone who's better without breaking the bank then fine, but that will be very hard.

Think Clichy has to go. Has been very poor for the second consecutive season. Used to be a very solid defender but hasn't been at all. Provides nothing going forward and since we have no winger on the left it's imperative our LB provide width.

Obviously Barry will go, wish him well.

Hope Milner extends his deal. Think he's been underused by MP. Would have been a much better option on the road this year compared to Navas. If he doesn't then we have to sell instead of letting him go on a free.

Richards has to go IMO. Can't stay healthy and as a result Zab has been overused and he'd be much more effective if he was given the occasional rest.

Keeper needs to be upgraded as well. Don't think Pants is good enough. Would like to see a real quality keeper come in to push Hart for the #1 spot.

Expect everyone else to stay. As far as who to bring in that's very hard to say. Who is available? Who wants to come here? etc.. CB Mangala is the name being thrown around. Haven't seen much of him so it's hard for me to decide if he's the guy who should go for. I like Godin(Atletico) and Garay(Benfica), both would be a real upgrade and much cheaper than Mangala.

LB Contrao(Madrid) has impressed me of late. There are a few others that people have talked about but I've not seen them to have an opinion. Shaw would be ideal but not for 30m.

Fernando(Porto) sounds like a good player but haven't seen a lot of him. Would love to sign DiMaria(Madrid) for his pace, quality and that he can play multiple positions. Modric(Madrid) is another player we should make a run at. Hasn't got a ton of playing time. Isco and Illaramendi will get more playing time in the future so he may be interested in a move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.