Navas
Milner

Silva
Nasri

Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo

chris85mcfc said:
Just picking up on a point Tolmie made in the Pellegrini thread about being ruthless this summer as far as shipping out is concerned

Personally I wouldn't argue with getting rid of Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell, Nastasic, Richards, Clichy, Boyata, Barry, Lescott and to an extent Hart

This made me think about which current players id be happy going into next season with

Goalkeepers
Hart
Pants
Wright

Defenders

Zabba
Vinny
MDM
Rekik?
Kolarov

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Milner
Navas

Forwards

Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo

That's a squad of 16 so far, and I very much doubt we will be looking to ship out the 10/11 names listed at the top.

I know we brought 5 players in last summer, but I think this summer could be huge in terms of players leaving and an overall replenish of our squad.

glad youre not the manager.

yeah whatever !! said:
chris85mcfc said:
Just picking up on a point Tolmie made in the Pellegrini thread about being ruthless this summer as far as shipping out is concerned

Personally I wouldn't argue with getting rid of Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell, Nastasic, Richards, Clichy, Boyata, Barry, Lescott and to an extent Hart

This made me think about which current players id be happy going into next season with

Goalkeepers
Hart
Pants
Wright

Defenders

Zabba
Vinny
MDM
Rekik?
Kolarov

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Milner
Navas

Forwards

Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo

That's a squad of 16 so far, and I very much doubt we will be looking to ship out the 10/11 names listed at the top.

I know we brought 5 players in last summer, but I think this summer could be huge in terms of players leaving and an overall replenish of our squad.

glad youre not the manager.

So of the list of players I can see us looking to ship out who do you disagree with? Bearing in mind Dzeko and nasri are going into their final year

I remember reading that we actually used the fewest number of players out of any league team this year. I don't think we need to be looking to make the squad smaller, we need to make it bigger.

That said, I think we should move on from Dzeko, Richards, Boyata and obviously Lescott and Barry.

I think Nasri needs to stay. He's got a lot of stick recently in the past couple of weeks, but there's been times when he's been our best player this season. Would be daft to let him go.

Personally I'd cash in on Yaya and possibly Nasri and Aguero if his injuries are as bad as feared.

Yaya is carried for me an distorts the flow of the team albeit we see moments of pure genius, there aren't many other top teams in Europe that carry a player like him.

Nasri again is in and out he only seems to play when he feels like it.

We need some work rate in the squad and build around Silva. We need a team that doesn't crumble as soon as it leaves the comfort of the Etihad.

Outs for me -

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Lescott
MDM
Boyata
Yaya
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri

kiam06 said:
Personally I'd cash in on Yaya and possibly Nasri and Aguero if his injuries are as bad as feared.

Yaya is carried for me an distorts the flow of the team albeit we see moments of pure genius, there aren't many other top teams in Europe that carry a player like him.

We need some work rate in the squad and build around Silva. We need a team that doesn't crumble as soon as it leaves the comfort of the Etihad.

Outs for me -

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Lescott
MDM
Boyata
Yaya
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri

Wow....

SrilankanBlue said:
kiam06 said:

Outs for me -

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Lescott
MDM
Boyata
Yaya
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri

Wow....
I know it's not the way most see it but for me its work rate costing us titles we are shocking away from home when we need to battle.

kiam06 said:

Outs for me -

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Lescott
MDM
Boyata
Yaya
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri

Way too many and you have missed the one certainty at this stage namely Gareth Barry.

That's at least 5 of our starting eleven for the majority of premeirship games.

mancity1 said:
kiam06 said:

Outs for me -

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Lescott
MDM
Boyata
Yaya
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri

Way too many and you have missed the one certainty at this stage namely Gareth Barry.

Agree I missed Barry although I would trust him ahead of Garcia.

I think we need some drastic changes we've given the title away the last two seasons due to carrying too many billy big bollocks namely Yaya and Nasri so we need to have a look at it.

The team balance is the most important thing and if that means the loss of some big names so be it for me.

Look at the best teams around at the moment.

Chelsea - one world class if say in Hazard
Liverpool - one Suarez possibly Gerrard
Munich - two Robben and Ribery
Madrid - Ronaldo.

We have Nasri, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Jovetic.

Too many on the pitch for me for the overall balance of the team. We only need two of them and then workers around them.

kiam06 said:
mancity1 said:
kiam06 said:

Outs for me -

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Lescott
MDM
Boyata
Yaya
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri

Agree I missed Barry although I would trust him ahead of Garcia.

I think we need some drastic changes we've given the title away the last two seasons due to carrying too many billy big bollocks namely Yaya and Nasri so we need to have a look at it.

The team balance is the most important thing and if that means the loss of some big names so be it for me.

Change to personnel especially those on long contracts and big pay checks is easier said than done even if the player wants out and we are happy to have them leave as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.