SSN - Short-form Analysis of Our Defensive Performances

I am not sure we conceded everything down the flanks. When I watch games like the Leicester one they just run straight through us. Stones being indecisive, Otamendi diving in, I would say our problems this season have been just as much in the middle. Generally we have looked most solid when Kolarov has played in the centre.
Sagna is still a proper defender but he can't play in two positions at once.

Given that the goals are to the middle, i would say this is where most are conceded ;-)

I detect a hint of sarcasm ;-)

For the record I'm not a Bravo basher (I know you weren't suggesting I was), I'm just generally confused how a such a quality GK can become what he has so quickly.
Aha, maybe a little.

Much as I like a stat or two I didn't need them to tell me our goalkeepers aren't good enough and that mistakes we have made lead to golden chances to the opposition where we have been punished nearly every time.

Much as I like a stat or two I didn't need them to tell me our goalkeepers aren't good enough and that mistakes we have made lead to golden chances to the opposition where we have been punished nearly every time.
You should always need them, otherwise you are just working on intuition or anecdotal evidence, both of which are suspect (and often wrong). And there are some non-obvious insights in those stats, such as we are actually either marginally or significantly less error prone than the other top six sides, which is different from the prevailing view of the forum. It's fine to have a hypothesis but you need relative proof for it to be actionable (or, in forum parlance, to be credible in discussion), otherwise it's just another opinion.

In this case your thoughts are likely spot on as suggested by supporting metrics.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.