Stan Collymore

Dubai Blue said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Did I miss Collymore's amazing career ??
Sounds like you did, yeah. He was a fucking brilliant player tbf.

3 England caps when they were getting handed out like confeti.

99 career goals ( Robinho has more at 24 years of age )

Dont wanna belittle Collymore cause he had a decent couple of seasons, but do me a favour.

Great bloke gets kicks battering women, wanking over parked cars and writing books stitching up every mate he had in football.

Well suited to Talksport

Prophet of Doom said:
Dubai Blue said:
Sounds like you did, yeah. He was a fucking brilliant player tbf.

3 England caps when they were getting handed out like confeti.

99 career goals ( Robinho has more at 24 years of age )

Dont wanna belittle Collymore cause he had a decent couple of seasons, but do me a favour.

Great bloke gets kicks battering women, wanking over parked cars and writing books stitching up every mate he had in football.

Well suited to Talksport

Haha Class.

Surely Robinho can't be judged on the last few games when he's clearly been injured.

Before Arsenal everyone was talking about his willingness to track back and work for the team.

Prophet of Doom said:
He's got a problem with City. His column in the Mirror has a pop every week.

If I hear him mention his year at Liverpool one more time.

How many times has he seen City this year. He's basing his opinion ( like most national press men do ) on the back of one game against Everton last week, when Robinho was playing injured ).

Collymore has 3 caps to his name, Robinho has 58 for Brazil and could end up the record cap holder for that country.

Robinho is the only world class player at City - the only player that would get a place in the other top 4 teams.

If he played for Villa Collymore would devote a show in worship of him.

When Collymore won his 3 caps he was up against the following.

Shearer Cole Fowler Ferdinand Le Tissier Sheringham Sutton and Collymore.

I think it is safe to say, he would have won alot more if around now. I think what he has done is very tacky and also very stupid, but he is a good pundit.

I wonder why he didnt get more caps :-

Career goals :

Shearer 313
Sheringham 300
Cole 239
Collymore 99

Joking aside, im not daft and I know Talksport want outspoken pundits to play devils advocate, but to slag Robinho on the basis of one game when he was injured is ridiculous.

When fit Robinho has worked has hard as anybody in a poor City team. He is world class, probably not the best player for the manager we have and the current team we have, but on a different plateau as a player to anything Collymore ever was.

SouthStand211 said:
Collymore is great to listen to.. Whatever he's said about Robinho is his opinion and even if wrong, he's gets things right more often than most. He'll backtrack if proved wrong as well. Its a talkshow.. they need you to call to make money. A few outlandish comments here and there are par for the course.

Good post,
I read him every week and he seems very perceptive to me (Unusually intelligent for a footballer)

Collymore had more ability than any English striker of his generation. He failed to make the most of it because of a poor attitude and generally being a bit of a mard arse.

Now he sits there spouting general bollox about all and sundry. Its cringeworthy.

I only wish Collymore could have a stab again. He knows he made mistakes and I think if he were 18/19 all over again, with the right attitude, he'd be one of the best strikers in the world.

Really really big fan of Stan's regardless of what he has to say about us.

How can you have a go at Collymore for talking shite... have you heard Hughes lately?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.