Stefan Savic - Atletico Madrid

It would have been interesting to see how he'd of been with us if his head wasn't a mess at the time.

Good luck to him.
Exactly this,we signed him at a time he was struggling with personal demons,however,he still acquitted himself well which spoke volumes about his character imo.He's a good athlete with a competitive attitude and a real desire for the game,and technically he wasn't half as bad as some made him out,he even had a couple of decent showings at fullback - I was a fan and I wish we would have kept him,certainly over signing his 'replacement'..... the fairy that is Nastasic.

Simeone is certainly no fool.

Is it just me or does Atletico always make under the radar signings like this that are so valuable in the long run. It keeps them just on the edge of competative with Barca and Real.

Is it just me or does Atletico always make under the radar signings like this that are so valuable in the long run. It keeps them just on the edge of competative with Barca and Real.
No it's not just you, that's their MO these days and they're damn good at it. The top Portuguese clubs operate along similar lines.

No it's not just you, that's their MO these days and they're damn good at it. The top Portuguese clubs operate along similar lines.
Good. I was getting paranoid. My local MLS side has basically taken the same approach as these Spanish and Portuguese clubs by following the same players they scout and doing similar deals. Since the Galaxy and NYFC can attract whoever they want, my side has to get more bang for the buck. We don't get proven commodities.

Exactly this,we signed him at a time he was struggling with personal demons,however,he still acquitted himself well which spoke volumes about his character imo.He's a good athlete with a competitive attitude and a real desire for the game,and technically he wasn't half as bad as some made him out,he even had a couple of decent showings at fullback - I was a fan and I wish we would have kept him,certainly over signing his 'replacement'..... the fairy that is Nastasic.

I think a lot of fans still don't realise what he was dealing with, and in a foreign country where he didn't speak the language (or that much). I know I couldn't of done what he did.

Well run clubs without a shitload of cash can play this game and even get some decent success along the way.
Southampton seem to have joined the club too and good luck to them.

What personal demons are these?

PM if he's a axe murderer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.