Stefan Savic - Atletico Madrid

That's bollocks kiam, it's not down to the fans to select a player, that's why we employ a manager, or coach, funnily enough.
Disagree some of the fans started getting on his back and that turns the managers hand.

Then why did we let a player go who is now signing for last years Champions League finalists ?
Because he wasn't good enough for us. Repeat, in case you missed it; for us. Just because a player goes on and plays for a good team in the future, does not necessarily mean we made a mistake with him. Boateng was another one who couldn't hack it in the PL. And Nastasic may well turn out to be another one. City can only go by what they see in the player while he's at the club, not how he may turn out in 5 years' time.

Because he wasn't good enough for us. Repeat, in case you missed it; for us. Just because a player goes on and plays for a good team in the future, does not necessarily mean we made a mistake with him. Boateng was another one who couldn't hack it in the PL. And Nastasic may well turn out to be another one. City can only go by what they see in the player while he's at the club, not how he may turn out in 5 years' time.

I watch a lot of German football, and I can't ever remember being so underwhelmed, as I was by Boateng's brief period at the ETIHAD.
Top defender for Hamburg and Germany, but as soon as he dons a City shirt, outpaced by Charlie Adams.

So people are genuinely suggesting we should have kept him? He wasn't good enough, he might not even be good enough now. It's the same as the people claiming we should have kept Trippier, they are only at the level they are now because they played 50 games a year for a couple of years getting better at a lower level, which we could never afford to give them, as they weren't remotely good enough. Good on them for going down a level (or two) and making a career for themselves, but we were completely correct to let them go.

I watch a lot of German football, and I can't ever remember being so underwhelmed, as I was by Boateng's brief period at the ETIHAD.
Top defender for Hamburg and Germany, but as soon as he dons a City shirt, outpaced by Charlie Adams.
I don't have the slightest doubt that he's a very good player in the Bundesliga. But he wasn't cut out for the faster, more "in your face" type of play that he was up against in the PL. The same could be said for Veron when he was at the shitpit. He didn't suddenly become a bad player overnight.

I wish him all the best but just because he's moved on to a club as good as Atletico doesn't mean we should regret selling.

He was much improved at Fiorentina, which earned him this move, but who is to say he's good enough for AM? Maybe a Europa League side is where he excels best.

Again, I wish him all the best. Just saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.