Summer Transfers

Agree, I wasn't so impressed with Monaco's full backs on the night and little surprise the media went out of their way to highlight poor defending on their behalf too. I know they do that to minimise our accomplishments, but there's some truth to the suggestion Monaco looked very suspect at the back.

My feeling on this is as follows: We are being linked quite credibly to over half the Monaco outfield at present, but that's simply untennable. We aren't signing half their team and it's unlikely the club allows more than 3 of their best to go in one window for the sake of face, particularly if they go on to win Ligue 1. With that in mind, I'd make a run on Fabinho for RB who looks class and a genuine Pep-style player and then look in to one (or both) of Silva/Mbappe.
I think you are right here

Ederson GK
Fabinho at RB
new centre back - haven't got a clue who.
Grimaldo at LB
Joshua Kimmich for the pivot (would take a miracle to get him out of Bayern though)

If we fancy a longer term replacement for Silva - Bernardo Silva or Thiago

That would be the business I'd do.

We should be looking at Faouzi Ghoulam for left back, he only has a year left on his contract and get Fabinho right back then he can cover midfield.

Ederson GK
Fabinho at RB
new centre back - haven't got a clue who.
Grimaldo at LB
Joshua Kimmich for the pivot (would take a miracle to get him out of Bayern though)

If we fancy a longer term replacement for Silva - Bernardo Silva or Thiago

That would be the business I'd do.
I know Pep loves Thiago, but for me he is too injury prone. His knee is dodgy. Besides that he recently renewed his contract with Bayern, so I think we can forget about him.
I also do not see Bayern handing over Kimmich.
I am all in favour of your other two signings, although I fear it might be difficult to take both from Monaco simultaneously. Monaco are doing well, so they might not fancy loosing players at this point in time, and in the same way the players might not want to leave.

That's only about £210 million there :)

possibly mate but there will be sales and big wage earners likely to go? frees up space and adds quality at the right age as well? I was gonna add messi but didn't want to appear greedy ;-)

possibly mate but there will be sales and big wage earners likely to go? frees up space and adds quality at the right age as well? I was gonna add messi but didn't want to appear greedy ;-)
It's doable I suppose although we'd probably need to ask ADUG/HRH to front up a bit of the cash (rather than pay interest on a bank loan) or structure the deals so that we didn't pay the entire fees in one go (we usually do this and it gives us an advantage over rivals). It'll be interesting with how many players look to actually be leaving (and not on loan deals) which should free us up to do more business and to do it early.

Yes. As young and energetic sterling and sane are, they cannot play every game. Which means when we drop one or both, our attacking prowess goes down with it as we're very reliant on our wingers to penetrate and open up spaces. Gabriel can play on the wings but I'd prefer to keep him as a Striker. I'd even say we need a 4th winger but that player will probably not be used very often, which is the perfect role for Sancho. I was scared shitless everytime Mbappe had the ball that night. Felt like he could always make something happen.
And the Monaco fans felt the same way about Sane and Sterling. Now imagine if we had all 3 :-)

And yes, the 4th should be a youth player who gets games during the congested periods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.