Sunday Supplement 17/18

Out of those 'rocky' moments, how many saves were required, out of interest??

Half chances at best with salah probably having the best opportunity..... the stats don't lie in this instance, we are conceding the least amount of shots, rocky or not!

It's why I wrote 'with better finishing'. Off the top of my head, Palace missed a sitter in the first half. Watford had a deflection onto the post, didn't they? Chelsea had Morata's (difficult) header, and the low shot that Ederson stopped at the post, although that might have been missing. Liverpool had at least 3 breaks down the City left which Salah wasted in various ways.

It's why I wrote 'with better finishing'. Off the top of my head, Palace missed a sitter in the first half. Watford had a deflection onto the post, didn't they? Chelsea had Morata's (difficult) header, and the low shot that Ederson stopped at the post, although that might have been missing. Liverpool had at least 3 breaks down the City left which Salah wasted in various ways.

It depends how you read it, no team will go through games without conceding chances, however the quality of chances is the determining factor, we can state it's the oppositions fault, poor finishing etc etc but the facts are, as stated, that we concede fewer chances than anyone!!!!

Every team in every game has a chance that could be a turning point - it seems we are judged by different standards I.e every chance/half chance the opposition get is an example of our dodgy defence but other teams 'ride their' luck or it's a deserved win 'overall'

That's true, but City have barely conceded, and many of the chances are before City score. Going a goal down improved things vs Everton, but I am okay with the suspicion not having been disproved yet.

I think that Delph shifting into the midfield helped yesterday, Ferny is playing superbly because he doesn't have to go forward at all, but mostly I think Walker's pace is the big change as the defence know either Ferny or him will have a decent chance of getting back to clear up.
The Liverpool dodginess was (in my mind) down to Mendy offering no support at all to Otamendi rather than anything else.

That's true, but City have barely conceded, and many of the chances are before City score. Going a goal down improved things vs Everton, but I am okay with the suspicion not having been disproved yet.

I think that Delph shifting into the midfield helped yesterday, Ferny is playing superbly because he doesn't have to go forward at all, but mostly I think Walker's pace is the big change as the defence know either Ferny or him will have a decent chance of getting back to clear up.
The Liverpool dodginess was (in my mind) down to Mendy offering no support at all to Otamendi rather than anything else.

Completely agree re Liverpool, but we've also got to appreciate that other teams have good players as well and will create chances

All these 'well organised' teams I.e West Brom and the like will likely concede twice as many as City this season

If we keep putting in performances like we have of late two things are likely to happen with this show.

1. Sky will pull the show, as eventually the penny will drop and they will be forced to show us the respect we deserve and face up to the obvious. This will hurt the rag, red dipper and cockney media sympathizers as the well of negativity towards us will eventually dry up, only to be replaced by a spectacular blue fountain.

2. The hack's will simply spend the duration of the show either denying our existence or putting their fingers in their ears whilst shouting nah, nah, nah, were not listening.

I fucking love it.
Wibble

Her LIverpool bias was so evident later on when she was invited to compare Koeman and Klopp.
Ashton should have asked her who are all these teams we need to come up against before we can be given due, appropriate (rather than limited, begrudging) credit

Her LIverpool bias was so evident later on when she was invited to compare Koeman and Klopp.
Ashton should have asked her who are all these teams we need to come up against before we can be given due, appropriate (rather than limited, begrudging) credit

Only when we have proved ourselves against the mighty rags under the stewardship of the world's greatest manager will we be given any credit. Then there will be a long list of excuses as to why we won and why they lost, as the scramble to justify the result.

Once our back five have prevented Lumpakaku and Rashford from scoring, once our midfield has competed with and outplayed the classy midfield paring of Fellatio and Matit and our forwards have humiliated the world's ugliest man and rattled a few past alpaca face can we be classed as a quality side.

It depends how you read it, no team will go through games without conceding chances, however the quality of chances is the determining factor, we can state it's the oppositions fault, poor finishing etc etc but the facts are, as stated, that we concede fewer chances than anyone!!!!

Every team will be given the statistics. It will be painfully pointed out to other sides by their coaching staff that chances against us will be very few and far between. This heaps pressure on opposition. Mentality is huge in this. Teams don't believe Sunday suppliment, they believe their coaching staff. We're giving up 2 maybe 3 chances at most per game. That heaps pressure on opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.