Swedish starlet signed

mancity dan said:
Great signing, sick of all this bollocks about needing to buy English youngsters. Sounds as if you have been reading the media bull-crap that it is City and Chelsea's fault we never win anything. Pffft.

So if developing English talent is so irrelevant to you, no one will be hearing you complain, when our U21's and the senior team are getting played off the park?

Graceyboy said:
chesterguy said:
Graceyboy said:
Don't agree with this signing at all. If English football is to progress, we need to be signing English youth and developing them. How can our grass routes football bare fruit if the clubs just keep buying youth in from abroad.

I know we have a decent quota of English lads, but I don't see why we see the need to keep buying in from abroad at this age.

What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

OK, so how many England players do you know that doesn't have a club team to play for?

It's the English league clubs national obligation to develop English players for the need of the nation. There is no structure in place for young kids to be scouted for England that don't already play for a club academy. These club academies put forward their best to go to national level.

So, if clubs continue to over populate their academies with young players from abroad, it stifles two streams, one stream of young English kids breaking into club football, and secondly reducing good English players being forwarded up to England youth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big England follower, but I am an advocation of grass routes football. There needs to be a hope for these English kids that they can make it in football, but if all they see is these young lads from abroad coming taking places they could aim for, they are going to think what is the point in trying. And I'm not going to swallow the argument about English kids don't try hard enough yadda yadda yadda, there are thousands of really fantastic talented dedicated kids all busting a gut to be the next James Milner, but their light at the end of a very long vicious tunnel is getting smaller and smaller because of this obsession of bringing in young lads from other shores

And that is where you are wrong. Its the club obligation to win football matches end of.

Of course clubs would like to develop young talent jeez does anyone remember Jim Cassell and if I remember 36 players from the academy that played for the first team. That is fine when you are in Div2, Div 1 and bottom reaches of the premier league that is how clubs survive.

But now we are at a completely different level. We are at a world class level. How many of those 36 would be in this side? The answer just 1 and he is still at the club Micah has shown that it is possible to be English academy player and play at City

Of course all clubs would rather the talent they had was homegrown its far cheaper but the talent has to be good enough. It is up to the FA to ensure that coaching at all levels of english football is improved. They need to start at the bottom and in 10/15 years lets see.

chesterguy said:
Graceyboy said:
chesterguy said:
What a load of precious nonsense. It is not the clubs responsibility to develop English players it is City's responsibility to bring on world class players to play for the first team no matter where they come from.

I would like nothing better for City to field 11 lads from Manchester in the side but I the truth is don't care where the players come from as long as they perform on the pitch.

OK, so how many England players do you know that doesn't have a club team to play for?

It's the English league clubs national obligation to develop English players for the need of the nation. There is no structure in place for young kids to be scouted for England that don't already play for a club academy. These club academies put forward their best to go to national level.

So, if clubs continue to over populate their academies with young players from abroad, it stifles two streams, one stream of young English kids breaking into club football, and secondly reducing good English players being forwarded up to England youth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big England follower, but I am an advocation of grass routes football. There needs to be a hope for these English kids that they can make it in football, but if all they see is these young lads from abroad coming taking places they could aim for, they are going to think what is the point in trying. And I'm not going to swallow the argument about English kids don't try hard enough yadda yadda yadda, there are thousands of really fantastic talented dedicated kids all busting a gut to be the next James Milner, but their light at the end of a very long vicious tunnel is getting smaller and smaller because of this obsession of bringing in young lads from other shores

And that is where you are wrong. Its the club obligation to win football matches end of.

Of course clubs would like to develop young talent jeez does anyone remember Jim Cassell and if I remember 36 players from the academy that played for the first team. That is fine when you are in Div2, Div 1 and bottom reaches of the premier league that is how clubs survive.

But now we are at a completely different level. We are at a world class level. How many of those 36 would be in this side? The answer just 1 and he is still at the club Micah has shown that it is possible to be English academy player and play at City

Of course all clubs would rather the talent they had was homegrown its far cheaper but the talent has to be good enough. It is up to the FA to ensure that coaching at all levels of english football is improved. They need to start at the bottom and in 10/15 years lets see.

Graceboy, you are absolutely bang on. Music to my ears....erm....eyes to hear/see such comments.
So how would you go about improving things?

There are 2 u10 kids on trial at City from Sweden.....That's why England are shite, scouts can't find decent British players, or enough of them and then we don't develop them in the right way I guess...?!

Stretford Born Blue said:
There are 2 u10 kids on trial at City from Sweden.....That's why England are shite, scouts can't find decent British players, or enough of them and then we don't develop them in the right way I guess...?!

When you are filling your youth ranks with Swedes, then you are in a big trouble. haha...

This is an article how/why Bayern did reform their Youth academy (swedish ex national who have been a big part of the Bayern academy)

http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&hs=4VK&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official

I'm With Stupid said:
So by the time they reach 14, a lot of youngsters have already had the technique drilled out of them by coaches who'd rather play the big lad up front and get a result, than actually develop players' talent and technique. And unsurprisingly, when the "big lad" reaches the professional game, he suddenly realises that he can't bully 30 year-old men in the same way he could fellow 16 year-olds and doesn't make it. Meanwhile the kid who had promising technique and vision has been judged "too small" to make it as a professional footballer and has already moved on to something else.

You actually find a similiar explanation in the link, so you are spot on...

hallstreetblue said:
mancity dan said:
Great signing, sick of all this bollocks about needing to buy English youngsters. Sounds as if you have been reading the media bull-crap that it is City and Chelsea's fault we never win anything. Pffft.

So if developing English talent is so irrelevant to you, no one will be hearing you complain, when our U21's and the senior team are getting played off the park?

Just sick of the media crap saying it is our fault when England lose, when we have not won anything for almost 50 years.

mancity dan said:
hallstreetblue said:
mancity dan said:

Just sick of the media crap saying it is our fault when England lose, when we have not won anything for almost 50 years.

Wouldn't let that crap get to you mate. I've just watched a clip on youtube about grassroots football, with Gareth Southgate and Football Foundation's Paul Thorogood. It's very interesting that the problems are being recognised and that finally, something is starting to happen :)

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
SheeshKebab said:
I hope he doesn't have a nose like Ibrahimovic coz it puts me off my dinner

Why ? Does it knock all the food off your fork ?
No I just think he's gonna poke my eye out every time he turns round

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.