Talksport

When Dzeko scored I felt like when Horlock scored at wembley, typical city to little to late. All them people leaving though, I remember seeing one bloke in front of me going mental at them all.

Win or lose I was staying to at least clap them off the pitch for some of the football they had played that season was the best Id ever seen.

We never leave before the final whistle.

We had our grandson, who was about 2 1/2 at the time, so even though I felt like crying, I thought I had to smile to keep his spirits up, though I'm certain he could sense the atmosphere in the ground. And then when Sergio scored, we went absolutely fucking mental, he must have wondered what the fuck was going on.

We never leave before the final whistle.

We had our grandson, who was about 2 1/2 at the time, so even though I felt like crying, I thought I had to smile to keep his spirits up, though I'm certain he could sense the atmosphere in the ground. And then when Sergio scored, we went absolutely fucking mental, he must have wondered what the fuck was going on.

I remember trying to buy the last two tickets in the ground and the lap top crashed, left me with one when I logged on again. Was up in CB level 3 and was gutted I couldn't get onto the pitch.

Turns out my brother watched it in Mary Ds and got in the ground at the end and was a lot closer to seeing the trophy lifted than I was.

I remember trying to buy the last two tickets in the ground and the lap top crashed, left me with one when I logged on again. Was up in CB level 3 and was gutted I couldn't get onto the pitch.

Turns out my brother watched it in Mary Ds and got in the ground at the end and was a lot closer to seeing the trophy lifted than I was.

We're in CBL3, so obviously had no chance of getting on to the pitch. But what a great view of everybody who did!

Mrs Vienna took some great photos of the celebrations and they come up on the screen saver on my laptop regularly.

We're in CBL3, so obviously had no chance of getting on to the pitch. But what a great view of everybody who did!

Mrs Vienna took some great photos of the celebrations and they come up on the screen saver on my laptop regularly.

I honestly think I was level with where sergio thundered the ball into the back of the net. It seemed to happen so quickly, remember ending 5 seats to the right of me hugging an old Irish guy and his mrs. I remember after that just wanting us to play the final moments out with out conceding as our defending was shocking that day.

My lad and I are in EL3 so we had the same issue. Overall, we both said that we would take the best view of the game over 19 matches over the chance to be on the pitch at the end of the season.

But it did look mint :)

It certainly did!
I'm in 304, and I wanted them off the pitch so I could see the presentation.

Before you say "miserable bastard", I must point out that I was one of the first to shake Bert Trautman's hand at the end of his testimonial in 1964, and also on the pich at Newcastle in 1968. I'm too old for that shit now, and my carer was waiting!

When Edin scored, my immediate reaction was, well at least we've preserved our unbeaten record at home for the season.
Exact same thought presume it was me trying to see some positive in the shitstorm that was heading my way.

Ah well turned out nice again!

I'm in 304, and I wanted them off the pitch so I could see the presentation.

Before you say "miserable bastard", I must point out that I was one of the first to shake Bert Trautman's hand at the end of his testimonial in 1964, and also on the pich at Newcastle in 1968. I'm too old for that shit now, and my carer was waiting!
Miserable bastard!!!

Last edited:
I have watched Gods own football team since 1966 , sat with a mate in 209 we have gone to matches together for almost 30 years. The equaliser left me unmoved stood there thinking of all the misery I Had been through in so many years this was just another stab in the heart,
My mate was ecstatic , remember Gillingham he shouted , we feckin drew ,this game is f.uk.d. I shouted back
Normally between us I am upbeat not that day.
The winner went in
I could not move the wave of emotion was that deep, walked away from the ground feeling as though I had been in a car crash and survived.
That winner was divine , how many Blues in that place , at that time were praying for a winner , I was, damn sure not the only one either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.