"The best they've played all season" and bad luck

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
BL2blue said:
What about the Brum penalty miss (fuck me where we be now if they had scored), Wolves hitting the bar, Nugent's glaring miss for Pompey, Chelsea missed pen etc

It goes both ways. We definitely can't hide behind excuses for where we are at present.

Definitely agree opposition teams are putting more in aganst us now but it comes with the territory.
The thing is most of them are bad misses or good saves. We've missed some sitters too. I mean the bad luck is coming from the refs awarding us nout and other teams lots. I'm not one of these fans who thinks every pundit/referee/fan are against City and want us to fail and like to consider myself not very biast but some of the refereeing decisions this season have been a joke.

Yes the refs have gifted a few things to the opposition in some of our games but our main problem lies with too many poor performances.

I go on quite a few other boards & tbh they're all saying the same, ie, the officials are against them. It's very easy to become blinkered by the love of your own club!

Cheesy said:
I go on quite a few other boards & tbh they're all saying the same, ie, the officials are against them. It's very easy to become blinkered by the love of your own club!
The thing is, I'm not one to look for excuses and I'm not as biast as most on here, and I've seen it on here in the past, but in the past I've thought of luck we've had and how it's equalled itself out. This season I really can't think of any decisions we've had given to us that shouldn't have been, yet we've have loads given against us for the same thing.

Cheesy said:
The thing is, I'm not one to look for excuses and I'm not as biast as most on here, and I've seen it on here in the past, but in the past I've thought of luck we've had and how it's equalled itself out. This season I really can't think of any decisions we've had given to us that shouldn't have been, yet we've have loads given against us for the same thing.

I do know where you're coming from mate, but the very nature of us football fans is that we quickly forget the decisions that we get for our team that should have gone the other way. In fact, I'd go as far to say that we don't even really notice them let alone forget them! Many times I've been on opposition boards after games where I've thought how shit the officials have been towards City only to find that their fans are saying the exact opposite. Both sets of fans can't be right at the same time ;-)

Zab's red a Wigan 1st was never a booking. Was it whiley?? the man who let Palacios off with 2 very nasty tackles the other night? Make's me sick...

Cheesy said:

This. I bet any fan of any other team in the Premier League could list a load of decisions that have gone against them like that.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Cheesy said:

This. I bet any fan of any other team in the Premier League could list a load of decisions that have gone against them like that.

They've also probley had something though, we've had fuck all.

"That's the best we've/they've played all season".

I've heard this so many times this year, when compared to other seasons, I've never heard it.

I think most teams are upping there game against us now.

Hull, Bolton and Spurs are just 3 recent examples where I've heard pundits and opposition fans say "that's the best they've/we've played all season".

Also how much bad luck have we had this season?

Richards disallowed goal v Pompey.
Richards disallowed goal v Fulham?
Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
SWP penalty waved away v Wigan.
Hull's penalty.
Dawson handball waved away v Spuds.
And probably loads more...

I'm not saying we haven't played bad in some games and I'm not looking for excuses but it is frustrating that teams seem to turn it on against us and surely we're due some good luck and some decisions to go our way soon.

we have had bad luck. but other teams have only played as well because we have let them to some extent

We are where we are in the league because of ourselves in the main. Ok we've had some bad decisions, but we've not deserved to win many of the games we've drawn. Bad individual & team defending & incorrect deployment of players have contributed more to the goals we've conceded.

Take last week, the 3rd goal was never a throw in for them, but our subsequent defending after the decision was poor. Read the same for Burnleys 3rd, same for Liverpools 2nd the list goes on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.