The Biased Football Association

I doubt pellers would have asked for it to be moved. Why would he want to take away one of his excuses for an inept performance.

Two days of recovery is absolutely plenty IMO. Kun, Kev and Kompany could easily have been involved yesterday then play again on Wednesday

The clubs sign up to the fact that Sky and BT can change the games to whenever they want.

Plus three days is more than enough between games. Nobody moaned when it was Saturday-Tuesday last week, nobody came on and said "it should be Friday night" "it should have been last year because our players are too soft to play two games in six months", yet it's the same gap minus a few hours.

If anything we've had a kinder, much needed, longer break after the Madrid game before today so what's the difference? We would have needed a longer break after putting so much into the Madrid game, surely?

Agree with you to a certain extent. But last week we were at home. I know it's not far to travel, but we all know
how travelling can be tiresome.

It should never have been selected for TV in the first place

Expecting Sky to be presently concerned about the outcome of a Champions League fixture is somewhat unrealistic.
While I agree with this surely when Sky or whoever decide which fixture(s) is(are) to be televised they want the best possible matches which attracts the highest possible audience? Picking matches where the players/fans/manager have their eyes on the following fixture will not tick those boxes. Everyone (including the audience) knows the team will be weaken and the match rubbish - only the loyal supporters not at the ground will have sufficient interest to watch it.

While I agree with this surely when Sky or whoever decide which fixture(s) is(are) to be televised they want the best possible matches which attracts the highest possible audience? Picking matches where the players/fans/manager have their eyes on the following fixture will not tick those boxes. Everyone (including the audience) knows the team will be weaken and the match rubbish - only the loyal supporters not at the ground will have sufficient interest to watch it.
So you don't think the neutral enjoys a 6 goal match?

I don't think the dippers have actually been treated any better than we have. They played in Spain on Thursday night, had to play in South Wales at noon on Sunday and will play again on Thursday. They had to make eight changes as well and this might not affect their league chances but it certainly helped Swansea. It's hard to see what could have been done to give the dippers some help, apart from postponement but why the PL would not allow us to kick off lunch time Saturday I don't know. I'm still not sure it would have changed our result today though.

Even the Swansea manager said this was nuts to expect of Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.