The biggest game you missed.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by julio jordio, 10 Oct 2017.

1. CityEssex49er

CityEssex49er

I was there at Terry Neill's Sports Bar that day; used to go and watch City a few times there. Great day - pub was full of City and singing for an hour after the game - covered in champagne. Left to go home and stopped for another hour on that piazza thing outside where there we loads of Blues - great day..............hoarse the next day.............

2. mayo31

mayo31

I was 14 and my dad said you not going. Should have just gone with my mates whose parents let them.

They loved it. Still gets a mention now. Oh remember Notts county. Mental. Sorry mate you never went

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I missed the 1904 Cup Final. The few FOCs in CBL3 who saw it say it was a cracker!

4. davymcfc

davymcfc

I missed a 3-1 win against united when we were shit because we were away for my sisters birthday.

5. Mike N

Mike N

Remember being in a pub near the ground before the match. It was packed and the top of the bar collapsed as so many people were hanging off it trying to get served. We got cleared out by the police before we got a drink!

6. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Gutter! I was 16 and my mum said I was going to a Family party. From memory the game was on a bank holiday Monday. Can't be certain though. I just ignored her and went on the special with a couple of lads from school. Only we could be 3-0 down at half time in a promotion game! Ha ha. Those were the days!

7. JGL07

JGL07

I have been to a lot of positive matches and many negative ones. I was as Rotherham when Colin Bell fired City to promotion. I was at Newcastle for the title decider two years later. I was at Wembley for the FA Cup and FL Cups wins over Leicester, West Brom and Newcastle. I made it to Vienna for the ECWC final against Gornik. I was at Villa Park for the FA Cup SF win over Ipswich.

More recently I was there for the title win against West Ham and the FL Cup wins over Sunderland and Liverpool.

I missed out on the 1955 and 1956 FA Cup Finals being too young. I couldn’t get a ticket for the Spurs Final and later for the United SF and Stoke Final. I also missed out on the Aguero match v QPR. It’s as well as my nerves would have given out!

I went to a number negative memorable matches including the 4-0 home defeat to Grimsby and was one of the 8,015 at Maine Road for the Swindon defeat. And many more......

8. edinburgh123

edinburgh123

When I was a student in Sunderland I made it back for all Saturday home games apart from one, the Huddersfield 10-1. What made it worse is I was at Roker Park watching a pisspoor 1-1 3rd division game at the same time. I had my radio and after the game all I can recall is tons of Mackems asking me what the Newcastle score was and I just kept mumbling "10-1, I have missed a 10-1 to watch this shit". Still feel scarred by it.

9. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    I was there.never forget the split second silence as Mario,s accurate push kick found the net,at the far end to us,before absolute bedlam broke out in the away end.
    Missed 6-1 at Burnley under Mancini,not a big game as such,but a brilliant performance, which was on sky....i just didnt fancy a trip to Burnley on a sunday.
    Bad mistake.
    Chelsea in the fa cup semi ,again under Mancini,never a fan of wembley,and certainly not semi finals at wembley....turned out to be a brilliant game and vintage Mancini performance..bad mistake again...
    And Yofk away....

10. burnley blue mcfc

burnley blue mcfc

Moulding technician
    I was on the burnley 6-1! How that game never got called off in 2nd half god only knows?! burnley got real lucky that day only the rain saved us from double figures