The Boxing thread

I think they should have classes of infringements, Steroid users are the biggest cheats and the most dangerous(class A), if we apply common sense we'd say not all banned substances are at the same level as that.

The one Canelo had in his system would be to keep the weight down for boxers who struggle to do that(Class B). Stuff like that is clearly not as dangerous if anything they are cheating themselves by not being fit enough to drop the weight naturally. It's still cheating and against fair play so there should still be sanctions(a year and then 2 for a repeat) but save the life bans for the Steroid cheats first and foremost, a 2 year lay off can end a boxers career as it is, as they find they've lost something when they return.

The masking substances could be more tricky(I admit I've not really read up on them much) as I don't know whether some of these can be found in stuff most people eat or not but if there's no reason they would be in someone's system by accident that would make it easier.

I'm still hoping chunky fights Groves again somewhere down the line. Not sure it will happen but would be a decent tare up while it lasted. Groves would school him again imo.

I think they should have classes of infringements, Steroid users are the biggest cheats and the most dangerous(class A), if we apply common sense we'd say not all banned substances are at the same level as that.

The one Canelo had in his system would be to keep the weight down for boxers who struggle to do that(Class B). Stuff like that is clearly not as dangerous if anything they are cheating themselves by not being fit enough to drop the weight naturally. It's still cheating and against fair play so there should still be sanctions(a year and then 2 for a repeat) but save the life bans for the Steroid cheats first and foremost, a 2 year lay off can end a boxers career as it is, as they find they've lost something when they return.

The masking substances could be more tricky(I admit I've not really read up on them much) as I don't know whether some of these can be found in stuff most people eat or not but if there's no reason they would be in someone's system by accident that would make it easier.

I know what your saying but I just dont see it working. There must be a stance make boxing clean for good. No need to be classing it in my opinion. It has to be if your caught once a year ban get caught again and see you a life ban. We got to make it clear to the young kids coming up anyone cheating will be kicked out of the sport. I just think to make boxing great again we need this to happen. The cutting weight is the hardest thing for fighters it is just as bad as steroid use if your cheating to get that advantage it is wrong and you should get banned. I would rather a fighter come in over weight than cheat to gain a advantage like Canelo who is a big puncher and can KO people early.

I'm still hoping chunky fights Groves again somewhere down the line. Not sure it will happen but would be a decent tare up while it lasted. Groves would school him again imo.

IF DeGale gets beaten again he wont get near a fight with Groves. Normally I would say he should retire but there is a few domestic fights that could be made. A fight with Chris Eubanks Jnr and Mundo Smith can all be made to make him money just think his time has come to a end. The fight with Jack has damaged DeGale a lot. I think he gets beaten again.

I know what your saying but I just dont see it working. There must be a stance make boxing clean for good. No need to be classing it in my opinion. It has to be if your caught once a year ban get caught again and see you a life ban. We got to make it clear to the young kids coming up anyone cheating will be kicked out of the sport. I just think to make boxing great again we need this to happen. The cutting weight is the hardest thing for fighters it is just as bad as steroid use if your cheating to get that advantage it is wrong and you should get banned. I would rather a fighter come in over weight than cheat to gain a advantage like Canelo who is a big puncher and can KO people early.

IF DeGale gets beaten again he wont get near a fight with Groves. Normally I would say he should retire but there is a few domestic fights that could be made. A fight with Chris Eubanks Jnr and Mundo Smith can all be made to make him money just think his time has come to a end. The fight with Jack has damaged DeGale a lot. I think he gets beaten again.

Good article with DeGale in boxing news. Even if he beats Traux still don't see a rematch with Groves. Brilliant fight and could of gone either way. Both have moved on since they met outside the ring at Bellew v Haye last year. Chunky said GG called him to say they should both cash in now. What a difference a year makes.

Good article with DeGale in boxing news. Even if he beats Traux still don't see a rematch with Groves. Brilliant fight and could of gone either way. Both have moved on since they met outside the ring at Bellew v Haye last year. Chunky said GG called him to say they should both cash in now. What a difference a year makes.

George Groves can make so many rematches with English fighters. Eubank Jnr if he comes back from the first defeat. A fight with Callum Smith again if the final is close another with DeGale. Hell I would even mention Billy Joe Saunders they could box each other too. When he wants to retire he would of made a lot of money from the fights he was in.

Does anyone know how to watch the commonwealth games fight repeats online? Tried to navigate the BBC sport website and it must be the designed by the same people who did citys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.