The Boxing thread

I’ve always liked khan and never really understood the dislike of him. Never ducked anyone, won some amazing fights and lost some as well. Glad he won that and I think if he fights Brooke, he beats him.
Bolton born and bred but never entirely embraced his Lancashire roots, go to Scotland and Asians integrate with their new homeland, Amir is a great boxer and I admire him but like Amhed he just does not make himself likeable. Live in a glasshouse but go in most Manchester boozer's to watch him fight and I guarantee most want him beat even by a Canadian, don't shoot the messenger, I'm pleased he won and I do like him.

Sleepless baby meant I watched the Broner v vargas fight last night. It ended a majority draw but I thought Broner did enough to win. They kept going on about Vargas' workrate, but he didn't hurt Broner at all and landed very few big punches. After the first couple of rounds, Broner was in control and had Vargas rocking a few times and cut him badly in the 11th. Seemed to me like Broner knew Vargas couldn't hurt him and he boxed like he knew.
The post match interview in the ring was pretty funny :)

So many fights this past weekend. Great win for Tommy Boom Boom Coyle against Masher Dodds the 2 guys had nothing but respect for each other and was nice to see that even at the end. Dodds dad i think was going through a cancer battle while he was preparing for the fight. Khan made light work in his fight still has the hand speed but needs to be tested now get him out asap and build up to the Brook fight wouldnt mind seeing him going for a title he can win a World title. Also I think Kell might find Khans hand speed a big concern. When they fight it will be a good fight.
Frampton v Doniare Well Carl was solid for the most of the fight looking cool and comfortable for 10 rounds last 2 he got caught by Doniare and found it a bit hard. 2 fights in with Jamie Moore hopefully he will be more famillar with what he wants from him in the future fights. Who he fights in Belfast in the summer it will be a big fight Warren has promised him a big name and World title the winner of Selby v Josh fight might be a good 1. I think Carl will have enoug to beat Josh easy. I think the Selby fight could well be a classic 2 technically good fighters fighting big time fight.
The Draw fight I had Broner up by 1 or 2 he wasnt great but done more than enough to get the win. A rematch could be on the cards but I dont think I would want to see that fight again didnt excite me much.

Wilders team offering Aj 50 million dollars for the fight. He cant back out of that fight with that offer on the table. We might get a unified World Heavyweight champion again. Aj could be headlining a big bill in the US for that amount of money. Out of his comfort zone if it goes ahead.

Its for show, no way does Wilders team have $50m to offer up to Joshua, hence the 24 hours thing, you cant sort a deal of that magnitude in 24 hours proper checks need to be done on the contracts and the finance. This way they just get to give it the "Joshua doesnt want the fight" nonsense.

Watched a few fights last night, the Tete fight probably one of the dullest ive seen in a while, his opponent didnt throw a single shot. Luckily I switched over and watched the Coyle Dodd fight after which was one of the best Coyle performances ive seen. Probably his best since the Matthews fight. Also saw the Frampton fight, Carl looking good would be happy to see him in with any of the top featherweights to be honest. LSC 3 or Valdez would be the pick though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.