The Boxing thread

I'm hoping JMM best days are behind him! Hopefully Katsidis will win on a late stoppage. I agree about Maidena I reckon Khan will have too much for him. Some great fights to look forward too over the next couple of months, I reckon Manny will win and retire, Katsidis with a late stoppage, Choi wins prizefighter, Harrison to beat Haye Ko seventh.

What about you Conor fella?

conormcfc said:
Anyone been watching the Fight camp 360 series? It's sort of like the 24/7 programme but focused on the super 6 tournament. it follows all the boxers and promoters around behind the scenes basically. I prefer it to 24/7 tbh, seems less fake.

http://sports.sho.com/fight-camp-360.html You can watch the first 7 episodes on there. Here's a download link to episode 8 that aired on Friday:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDQ10ASS

Disappointing how the Super 6 has panned out really, especially with the rumours of Dirrell faking his injury so he could get out of fighting Andre Ward.
What did you make of Dirrell and Abraham? The 'knockout' and all that?<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 pm --<br /><br />
conormcfc said:
Anyone been watching the Fight camp 360 series? It's sort of like the 24/7 programme but focused on the super 6 tournament. it follows all the boxers and promoters around behind the scenes basically. I prefer it to 24/7 tbh, seems less fake.

http://sports.sho.com/fight-camp-360.html You can watch the first 7 episodes on there. Here's a download link to episode 8 that aired on Friday:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDQ10ASS

Disappointing how the Super 6 has panned out really, especially with the rumours of Dirrell faking his injury so he could get out of fighting Andre Ward.
What did you make of Dirrell and Abraham? The 'knockout' and all that?

SuperKevinHorlock said:
I'm hoping JMM best days are behind him! Hopefully Katsidis will win on a late stoppage. I agree about Maidena I reckon Khan will have too much for him. Some great fights to look forward too over the next couple of months, I reckon Manny will win and retire, Katsidis with a late stoppage, Choi wins prizefighter, Harrison to beat Haye Ko seventh.

Yeah I know what you're saying about JMM, time has to take its toll some time but I don't think that time has come yet. Will be a top fight though.

There's loads of top fights coming up, I'm looking forward to Lopez/Marquez this Saturday and Williams/Martinez II in a couple of weeks mainly. Froch/Abraham in a few weeks should be a gudden an all...

You've got Audley beating Haye? Bold prediction haha, It'd be funny to see that happen.

SuperKevinHorlock said:

I would love it if Harrison knocked Haye out. It would be too funny.

ono said:
What did you make of Dirrell and Abraham? The 'knockout' and all that?
I agreed with the DQ, don't see how Abraham could've thought Dirrell wasn't already on his knees as he claimed. Dirrell made a bit much out of it though I think, he's cited that 1 punch as the reason for his current 'injury' haha. They ask him about it on the latest episode of that fight camp thing and it seems like he's just making it up as he goes along really, his brother made them stop the interview because there 'needed to be a lawyer present' apparently. Whole thing seems dodgy to me. It's spoilt the tournament, only 3 of the original 6 remain and the group stage fights aren't even over yet.

I'd agree with that.Was a definite DQ. But the acting was bizarre. It was even more Bizarre that Showtime bought it and went along with it. It was almost like watching wrestling. Haha.

Loved how he had a serious brain disorder which would fix itself within 3 months. Lol.

Kevin Kelley giving his views on Khan/Maidana
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpLro1esci8[/youtube]
Interesting to hear Kelley say Maidana hits the hardest of any guy he's ever been in the ring with. If he's not talking bollocks that's pretty impressive, considering he's fought Naz. I just don't see how Maidana hits harder than Naz, he knocked Kelly clean out.

To be honest, you don't have to be a big puncher to hurt Khan anyway. The problem Maidana will experience will be landing without leaving himself wide open. Victor Ortiz fought Khan (Ortiz didn't come out for the 3rd round after taking 3 standing counts) in the amateurs and after he lost to Maidana he told Khan that he believed Khan would absolutely batter Maidana.

I'm with you though. I would have thought Naz would have been the hardest hitter Kelley has been in with, but having said that Maidana is naturally heavier than Naz was (not now though, haha) so i imagine that p4p Naz hits harder, but Kelley was maybe feeling the weight of a big puncher from a higher weight class.

ono said:
To be honest, you don't have to be a big puncher to hurt Khan anyway. The problem Maidana will experience will be landing without leaving himself wide open. Victor Ortiz fought Khan (Ortiz didn't come out for the 3rd round after taking 3 standing counts) in the amateurs and after he lost to Maidana he told Khan that he believed Khan would absolutely batter Maidana.

I'm with you though. I would have thought Naz would have been the hardest hitter Kelley has been in with, but having said that Maidana is naturally heavier than Naz was (not now though, haha) so i imagine that p4p Naz hits harder, but Kelley was maybe feeling the weight of a big puncher from a higher weight class.
Fair enough Maidana is fighting 2 divisions up from Naz, I still reckon Naz edges him for power though. Didn't Emanuel Steward say he could've moved all the way up to super-middleweight if he'd wanted? Haha. He claimed Naz hit harder than Lennox...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cKhkux4kU[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.