The Boxing thread

I was surprised how little power mcgregor had, certainly not got K.O. power in boxing. had a bad game plan too. pretty much punched himself out in the first 2 rounds without hurting mayweather. really surprised how little stamina he had. very poor boxing skills which I suppose was to be expected against mayweather but I expected him to be much, much more of a physical specimen, speed and stamina wise + he totally lacked power

He doesn't lack power, he k.o's people for fun in MMA. The difference is he's not a boxer so the timing isn't elite level plus those gloves make all the difference.

He's not a boxer so people shouldn't be surprised his boxing skills aren't the best.

Mayweather won every round after round 3. Had a game plan, spent the first few rounds working him out, letting him tire himself out and then took him apart. I enjoy MMA but this is what sets boxing apart, it's won just as much in the head as it is with the fists.

As is every combat sport.

In MMA you don't have the ref stopping you fighting every 15seconds allowing you to breathe, recompose yourself, get out of trouble though. It's more pure fight form than boxing, it's more realistic, more ways to win.

You've got to remember this is McGregor's first, first! Professional boxing fight, he's switched codes against the legend of the sport, and lasted longer than many pure boxers, surely that deserves some credit

But Mayweather is 40 years old and hasn't had a fight since 2015. You're acting like he fought Mayweather in his prime.

I was surprised how little power mcgregor had, certainly not got K.O. power in boxing. had a bad game plan too. pretty much punched himself out in the first 2 rounds without hurting mayweather. really surprised how little stamina he had. very poor boxing skills which I suppose was to be expected against mayweather but I expected him to be much, much more of a physical specimen, speed and stamina wise + he totally lacked power

Done a better job vs Mayweather than Pacquiao did

You've got to remember this is McGregor's first, first! Professional boxing fight, he's switched codes against the legend of the sport, and lasted longer than many pure boxers, surely that deserves some credit

First fight against a boxer who, although one of the greats of the sport, is 40 years old, well past his prime, and wouldn't stand a chance against fighters currently at the top of their game.

Don't really understand McGregor talking before the fight about being much bigger than Mayweather and suggesting he was around 170 pounds as an advantage. He has power at 145 and seems to put all the extra weight on his chest and shoulders which does him no favours at all. Think he could have gone 12 rounds if he wasn't so big.

Fair play to Mcgregor I thought he was a worthy partner for Floyd in the end.
A lack of experience was evident for Mcgregor when his corner man told him to punch and tie up and he didn't do so. From watching his 2 Diaz fights and this he seems to punch himself out really easily. No slight on mayweather tho the guy is one of the best ever 50-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.