The Boxing thread

Given that so there is so much money at stake in Boxing (and rematches) are there ever fights where both sides set up for the underdog to win so both can profit from a rematch?

I wouldnt be surprised if there was but over the years there were just some fighters and styles that just made fights Pacquaio v Marquez , Barrera v Morales and all of the fights Pacquaio had with some of those guys they were instant classics and close fights between them when they fought. There is many more out there were the fights were so good it demanded a rematch.

Terry flannigan would have smashed linares on that performance.
And I no both fighters are better than they performed on the night.
Linares and Luke Campbell.

I rate Terry highly. Just a shame he is with Warren. Warren wont put his fighters in the big unification fights it seems at times which is a shocking decision. Terry should be getting the bigger fights sooner rather than later.

This weekends fight Crolla v Burns fight. I fancy Burns I think Crolla is finished feel Burns a late stoppage.
The card hasnt got many good fights but i like the look of Conor Benn if he is half the fighter his dad was then he will go far.
Eggington should win too at the weekend too I think the British title fight might be the fight of the night a real pick em for me.

Also Channel 5 have Andrew Selby fighting there card looks shit a lot of cyclone fighters are leaving so I dont expect Cyclone to keep the 5 cards for much longer.

Also ITV ppv have the Chris Eubank Jnrs fight against Avni Yildirim who i fancy will have too much for Eubank Jnr and I fancy him to win. Something about him I really like. But i dont think the fight is worth a PPV price. ITV Boxing is destroying the sport they have the Ali championships none of it should be PPV until maybe the final nights yet this is PPV worthy fight.

Last edited:
I rate Terry highly. Just a shame he is with Warren. Warren wont put his fighters in the big unification fights it seems at times which is a shocking decision. Terry should be getting the bigger fights sooner rather than later.

This weekends fight Crolla v Burns fight. I fancy Burns I think Crolla is finished feel Burns a late stoppage.
The card hasnt got many good fights but i like the look of Conor Benn if he is half the fighter his dad was then he will go far.
Eggington should win too at the weekend too I think the British title fight might be the fight of the night a real pick em for me.

Also Channel 5 have Andrew Selby fighting there card looks shit a lot of cyclone fighters are leaving so I dont expect Cyclone to keep the 5 cards for much longer.

Also ITV ppv have the Chris Eubank Jnrs fight against Avni Yildirim who i fancy will have too much for Eubank Jnr and I fancy him to win. Something about him I really like. But i dont think the fight is worth a PPV price. ITV Boxing is destroying the sport they have the Ali championships none of it should be PPV until maybe the final nights yet this is PPV worthy fight.

Eubank will beat Yildirim comfortably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.