The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

That new stand will be EMPTY - fact! this is a TAX and one too many! had enough - done! and the walk out? the 75 mins boys? that will be on 65 mins now - LAST 25/30 MINS PLAYED TO ALESS THAN HALF FULL STADIUM...nah fuck it, this is taxing the average joe out of the game little by little.

Manchester (and I'm born and bred) so back the fuck off before you start! is a joke - there's no alternative, the car parks aren't big enough, sick of this 'mission creep' bolloxs - trams and buses are a joke - just look at LONDON - its had the UNDERGROUND for over a century FFS! - LONDON UNDERGROUND DATES BACK TO 1863!!!...
WE HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE YOU THICK CUNTS!!!

The north just got grimmer...TAXI!

The EMPTYHAD is about right, what a prophetic insult that turned out to be.

Last edited:
The Arena only holds 23k. It’s reasonable to expect people attending a one off gig to use a public car park or public transport. A gig is an event etc, it’s different people attending each one, it’s not a massive inconvenience to use public transport.

It’s completely different to football where it’s the same people attending 25 times a year for the last 20 years.

The car parking is progressively getting worse, the abattoir closing to car parking made it worse as we’ve always parked there.

This will be a further inconvenience, and I’m not sure I can be bothered with it.

I'd love to see a pin map of where every person lives that has a season ticket. I think the club or the council are nowhere near smart enough with how they handle exiting traffic. You could put 10 coaches pointing south from Nexen Brigde to Belle Vue, and redirect them to Heatons/Cheadle/Burnage/Fallowfield/Withington/Didsbury and Chorlton.
And line up others to go north towards Cheetham Hill, that would then branch off towards North Manchester/Salford etc. Make them reliable affordable, by allowing booking of a seat via an app. We'd be on the right track.
Agree. A free bus service going to town on a loop would be a great start. Just run them for an hour before and an hour after the game. Along the route everyone walks from picadilly. Most fans could get there easily enough.

There is actually an old railway line that was axed years ago that used to pass the back of the athletic stadium. With a bit of foresight that could have been reopened to give direct access to Piccadilly station and Victoria station. We live in the north though so the Govt will not fund that, they are more interested in vanity projects.

I totally agree that there needs to be more around the campus for after games too. Extend City square, put seating in the bars and maybe people would be happier staying around for an hour or two
It's still very much in use that track, mainly for goods traffic and as a route to relieve pressure on the tracks elsewhere in the city (which are seriously overloaded) but I believe it's not feasible to set up a new service and station on it. Unfortunately it's not connected directly to Piccadilly due to a missing viaduct and HS2 will probably kill any idea of rebuilding that as it cuts right through its location. Last I heard it was a possible tram/train route but not sure where that is up to now and is years away (probably part of Burnham's 2040 plan).

Agree. A free bus service going to town on a loop would be a great start. Just run them for an hour before and an hour after the game. Along the route everyone walks from picadilly. Most fans could get there easily enough.
said it before on this thread they should build busway like leigh atherton to boothstown while all construction going in ancots

I refuse to pay them, they know they are taking the piss and don't want to make a scene.
Reminds me of an enterprising scruffy **** in town ...the car park behind The Gaumont/Rotters.

He had raffle tickets and charged the OOT lot. I used to just grin at him. He'd grin back.

It's still very much in use that track, mainly for goods traffic and as a route to relieve pressure on the tracks elsewhere in the city (which are seriously overloaded) but I believe it's not feasible to set up a new service and station on it. Unfortunately it's not connected directly to Piccadilly due to a missing viaduct and HS2 will probably kill any idea of rebuilding that as it cuts right through its location. Last I heard it was a possible tram/train route but not sure where that is up to now and is years away (probably part of Burnham's 2040 plan).

About 10 years ago, maybe more, Piccadilly was shut over Christmas and all the trains that normally terminated there headed to Victoria instead. The ones from places like Glossop and Marple turned right at Ashburys. The ones coming through Stockport turned right just past Stockport and then did a left somewhere just before or after Denton station. They all went right past the ground on the way to Victoria.

So unless some track has been taken out since then, it is possible. I’m sure it’s too much trouble and expense for them to even consider it, just for football fans though.

The proposals are to extend the existing parking scheme near the Etihad Stadium to operate every day from 12 noon to 11pm, and include all of the surrounding streets'

These proposals will see the end of all on street parking in both none residential and residential areas alike at all locations around the Etihad.

Areas where free unrestricted parking is currently permitted such on Briscoe Lane, Riverpark Road (behind the old abattoir and Philips Park cemetery), Clayton Lane and many others will end and new restrictions which will prohibit all none permit holders from parking.

The proposal even plan to implement residents parking only restrictions on streets where no residential dwellings exist, there aren't any houses on Eccleshall Street (the were demolished 15-20 years ago) in Clayton, but low and behold they are restricting the full length of the carriageway on both sides to some none existent residents.

See attached for details

View attachment 69696View attachment 69697View attachment 69698View attachment 69700View attachment 69701

Anyone effected by these proposals can log an objection, but you will need to be quick, they need to be in by 16 March 2023.

See attached for details
which ones for near the Crem? My eyes are deceiving me today

yeah it's just connected to victoria line from what my old man was telling me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.