"The End of the World?" - new article on the blog now

Ric

Administrator
"The End of the World?" - new article by Didsbury Dave on the Bluemoon blog now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2011/11/23/the-end-of-the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... the-world/</a>

Decent summary of the game, agree with most of it.

The problem for Yaya was that there was no-one in the hole for him to play the ball up to, it's where he needed to be himself with Barry finding him.

Hard to argue much with that analysis. Very good piece. I just do not understand why on earth we seem to have abandoned the system that has helped us put 11 goals past the two teams immediately below us in the doemstic league on their own grounds.

Rammy Blue said:

The problem for Yaya was that there was no-one in the hole for him to play the ball up to, it's where he needed to be himself with Barry finding him.

I take your point, Rammy, but the problem was also that there was no width to give him options either. He didn't play as a holding midfielder per se, he got forward into that "hole" space because their deep lying midfield allowed him too. But he didn't run at people, or should I say "through" people when in a tight situation. My guess would be it was to do with Platt's half time comments, about us keeping the ball, but it hindered us. And he gave it away and cost us a goal, arguably even two.

I keep saying it, but he's the wierdest, most contradictory player in the country.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:

I take your point, Rammy, but the problem was also that there was no width to give him options either. He didn't play as a holding midfielder per se, he got forward into that "hole" space because their deep lying midfield allowed him too. But he didn't run at people, or should I say "through" people when in a tight situation. My guess would be it was to do with Platt's half time comments, about us keeping the ball, but it hindered us. And he gave it away and cost us a goal, arguably even two.

I keep saying it, but he's the wierdest, most contradictory player in the country.
Also one of the best!

Dave S said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:

Also one of the best!

Not for me, I'm afraid.

Didsbury Dave said:
I take your point, Rammy, but the problem was also that there was no width to give him options either.

As much as I would have preferred Richards and Clichy, the above is not entirely true.

Zab found himself in acres of space, in an advanced position, waiting for the pass that could have opened the Napoli defence up. The pass just never came.

I found myself screaming at both Yaya and Silva to pass the f***ing ball to Zab, on several occasions.

Another problem was that when Kolarov or Zab did cross the ball neither Balo or Edin made the run to get at the end of the ball. They were both in cut back positions most of the time.

Which Mancini should have corrected by instructing either of them to stay back or run forward sitting at the shoulder of the defensive line. The low cross behind the defence is far more dangerous and harder to defend than a floated cross to either of the forwards.

Aguero should have come on MUCH sooner. 81st minute just isn't good enough.

When I saw the lineup with Zab and Kolarov I feared the worst. And unfortunately my fears were substantiated.

The manager’s decisions will ultimately cost us our place in the knockout phase. Not just last night, but in the other games too.

Unfair mate, those players are all very well paid, while most of our squad could walk straight into most first eleven's, they have to shoulder some blame.

The decision not to start with our first choice full backs of Clichy and Richards in every one of these games has been mystifying and has cost the club dearly. The inclusion of Kolo Toure against Bayern was simply bizarre

Agree 100%

If I were Roberto Mancini I would not even consider the Europa League as a development platform for our fringe players: I’d throw the bloody thing

I'm surprised someone as passionate about our club, who has seen so much shite down the years would post something so arrogant, i want to win every game we play, from the first team to the under 11's.

And I’d consider doing the same to the Carling Cup at Highbury next week,

See above.

Comrade Buka said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I take your point, Rammy, but the problem was also that there was no width to give him options either.

As much as I would have preferred Richards and Clichy, the above is not entirely true.

Zab found himself in acres of space, in an advanced position, waiting for the pass that could have opened the Napoli defence up. The pass just never came.

I found myself screaming at both Yaya and Silva to pass the f***ing ball to Zab, on several occasions.

Another problem was that when Kolarov or Zab did cross the ball neither Balo or Edin made the run to get at the end of the ball. They were both in cut back positions most of the time.

Which Mancini should have corrected by instructing either of them to stay back or run forward sitting at the shoulder of the defensive line. The low cross behind the defence is far more dangerous and harder to defend than a floated cross to either of the forwards.

Aguero should have come on MUCH sooner. 81st minute just isn't good enough.

I have to take issue with some of that. I said in the blog that Zabaleta did find himself in space on that flank. But he isn't quick enough or a good enough footballer to use the width properly. He stops, puts his foot on it and comes inside.

Maybe I was too simplistic when I said "no width" in the post above.

Zabaleta can no more open a defence than i can open a can of beans with my flaccid member.

I agree Aguero came on too late. Dzeko was awful. I felt Aguero would keep us the ball better.

-- Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:50 pm --

glen quagmire said:
The manager’s decisions will ultimately cost us our place in the knockout phase. Not just last night, but in the other games too.

Unfair mate, those players are all very well paid, while most of our squad could walk straight into most first eleven's, they have to shoulder some blame.

Totally agree the players were poor and unintelligent - I thought I conveyed that in the blog but apologies if not. They are all to blame.

The decision not to start with our first choice full backs of Clichy and Richards in every one of these games has been mystifying and has cost the club dearly. The inclusion of Kolo Toure against Bayern was simply bizarre

Agree 100%

If I were Roberto Mancini I would not even consider the Europa League as a development platform for our fringe players: I’d throw the bloody thing

I'm surprised someone as passionate about our club, who has seen so much shite down the years would post something so arrogant, i want to win every game we play, from the first team to the under 11's.

I want to win the fucking league title. I'm hungry for it. I can taste it. Again, maybe I didn't convey this in the blog as I knocked it out in 20 minutes. It's a sacrifice for the greater good, not for arrogances sake.

And I’d consider doing the same to the Carling Cup at Highbury next week,

See above.

I'd be delighted with any trophy. But if we win either of these two and it costs us the title then I'd be disappointed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.