The Everton thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones fee in the region of 40 mill makes the Sterling deal look great business. Defenders are generally cheaper than forward players with match winning ability.

I think FSG hoped they could just pump a bit of money back into Liverpool, get back into CL, and then reap the rewards. They've discovered (like many others), that it's not that easy, and City certainly haven't helped their plight.

We've had fuck all effect, it's not like they've been finishing 5th every season.

Indeed. The idiots on RAWK claim we "nicked" their top 4 spot but the first time we finished in the top four, they were 7th behind Spurs & Aston Villa.

I mean Villa FFS.

I know, since we qualified we've taken the following team's CL spots:
2010/11: Spurs
2011/12: Spurs (4th, Chelsea won Champions League, Newcastle came 5th)
2012/13: Spurs
2013/14: Everton
2014/15: Spurs

We might have cost the red dippers EL qualification in 2012/13 but they've no right to whinge about that looking at the season after tbf.

We've had fuck all effect, it's not like they've been finishing 5th every season.
Disagree.
We've leapfrogged into the top 4 since the takeover and that's pushed others down.
City doing well makes it harder for Liverpool.

I never said we took their place. Nobody has a reserved spot in the league, but our success puts everyone below us a rung down on the ladder ergo we make thing harder not just for Liverpool, but for everyone :-)

Disagree.
We've leapfrogged into the top 4 since the takeover and that's pushed others down.
City doing well makes it harder for Liverpool.

I never said we took their place. Nobody has a reserved spot in the league, but our success puts everyone below us a rung down on the ladder ergo we make thing harder not just for Liverpool, but for everyone :-)
But that presumes that other teams don't screw up and we've seen Chelsea and the rags do just that recently.

But that presumes that other teams don't screw up and we've seen Chelsea and the rags do just that recently.
I suppose others do what they do. If they screw up or not we are now one more hurdle in their way. Doesn't mean we are to blame, but I still believe we are a serious obstacle to overcome, and that wasn't the case before the takeover.
We, and Chelsea are the easy scapegoats for 'nicking' someone's place which is a myth. But I do think it's fair to say City and Chelsea have upset the applecart and made life much harder for the former big boys. The problem is that the phrase 'nicked their place' exposes their actual belief that they had some divine right to a place!

I know, since we qualified we've taken the following team's CL spots:
2010/11: Spurs
2011/12: Spurs (4th, Chelsea won Champions League, Newcastle came 5th)
2012/13: Spurs
2013/14: Everton
2014/15: Spurs

We might have cost the red dippers EL qualification in 2012/13 but they've no right to whinge about that looking at the season after tbf.
No wonder spurs fans hate us so much

Indeed. The idiots on RAWK claim we "nicked" their top 4 spot but the first time we finished in the top four, they were 7th behind Spurs & Aston Villa.

I mean Villa FFS.

The main gripe i hear off Liverpool fans isn't that we've 'nicked' their top 4 spot, it's more that we make it more difficult for them to acquire high calibre players now.
And it's now necessarily cos we are getting their targets, but by us getting other players that maybe would have gone to Chelsea, Rags or Arsenal those teams then target potential Liverpool targets.
This then pushes them down the food chain, and they end up getting 'B' listers instead of 'A' listers required so they can compete to get in the top 4.

I mean Villa FFS.
The scousers complaining about having something nicked. The irony hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.