The Everton thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some classics in there

''This is why we will be 4th....'' ''we do pitch invasions better than anyone else''...... ''Martinez got it spot on''....... ''imagine if they score now''

After the City game ended NBC went straight over to Bournemouth and the Toffees scored less than 5 seconds later....''and Barkley has won it for Everton....'' screamed the commentator. And watching the pitch invasion I thought ''be karma if the home team scored in the time added on time in time added on due to the celebrations....''
PMSL when they did..... pity Bournemouth fans didn't invade the pitch!

That would have been absolutely hilarious. I was begging the camera to pan to the Everton fans when Bournemouth scored.

Apparently Everton FC began legal moves against a small farm shop in Everton, Nottinghamshire: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/11/everton-fc-farm-shop-legal-action

Looks like they've reconsidered after counter action from the shop owner; possibly because someone pointed out a few important yet blatantly obvious and easily discoverable points to them:

1. The club itself has never actually played in the Everton area of Merseyside.
2. The shop is in a small town called Everton which has been in existence for just a little while longer than the club.
3. Stirring up interest in matters liable to expose yourselves to European 'Pastygate' type rulings might be considered inadvisable at best.

Another victory for common sense over greedy corporate bullying akin to the WWF fiasco; whoever approved the initial attempt needs a serious talking to in terms of both their professional competence and moral intent (I'm assuming the club don't condone the latter).

Our semis are gonna be great for neutrals but not for fans of either side.

Apparently Everton FC began legal moves against a small farm shop in Everton, Nottinghamshire: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/11/everton-fc-farm-shop-legal-action

Looks like they've reconsidered after counter action from the shop owner; possibly because someone pointed out a few important yet blatantly obvious and easily discoverable points to them:

2. The shop is in a small town called Everton which has been in existence for just a little while longer than the club.
3. Stirring up interest in matters liable to expose yourselves to European 'Pastygate' type rulings might be considered inadvisable at best.

Another victory for common sense over greedy corporate bullying akin to the WWF fiasco; whoever approved the initial attempt needs a serious talking to in terms of both their professional competence and moral intent (I'm assuming the club don't condone the latter).

As ridiculous as the stick insect suing Peterborough because they have had the nickname 'Posh' since before she was born.

@Prestwich_Blue or @petrusha or one of those clever people might know a bit about this, but I seem to think that these types of actions are necessary because if there had ever been a case that you didn't defend your trademark, when you go to court to defend it against a serious breach then it plays against you

@Prestwich_Blue or @petrusha or one of those clever people might know a bit about this, but I seem to think that these types of actions are necessary because if there had ever been a case that you didn't defend your trademark, when you go to court to defend it against a serious breach then it plays against you

I'm not an expert on IP, but I think you basically have this correct. If you try to take action against someone who's infringing your trade mark, then you'll hit problems if the infringer can show that you were aware in the past of infringements of a similar nature but failed to take action. It seems to me that they've been rather heavy handed here and should have taken more steps to ascertain the position rather than wading in there as aggressively as they did, but the latter is the way a lot of people tend to go these days.

Quite possibly - sometimes it's the nature of the environment that forces a particular route for positional purposes. In this instance however, I would take the view that such a frivolous pursuit could be dismissed as having any validity in future case references due to its obvious lack of legs and so therefore could be considered a waste of effort at best, and a potential major own goal if the counter action and any pursuivant fallout (civil, criminal, moral or otherwise) did manifest.
Just the way I'm wired I guess (I blame years of conditioning of having to take the moral high ground).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.