The Great Ticket Cock Up.

interpol said:
wilf9 said:
Loyalty points
The loyalty points system makes full use of the technology the Stadium smart card brings, and enables fans who have shown their support to be rewarded with priority for buying tickets for major games.

Whether you are a Seasoncard holder, Citycard or non-member who holds an Accesscard, you will automatically have your attendance of games tracked.

This means that when seats go on sale for popular games and cup fixtures, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase seats first.

So what are you saying you bypass all the people that have gone for the last 10 15 years, Ignore your own systems (above) that are in place, to make sure people that people that deserve a ticket have a chance to get one? Just to attract a new fan that hasn't botherd to go before in his life? If that is what you are saying and if that's acceptable to the majority of you on here, then that basically has meant the things that made old city fans different, are evaporating. I hope you are happy In the unfilled ground against Fulham and West Brom.

Had this scheme in place for the last game and less than 25,000 of our "loyal" supporters bothered to turn up. Not sure what people want.

All im askin for, is that i had the chance to get a ticket which yesterday i didn't. I know im in the Minority (i mean how i go to games for the amount i go) But im just angry that they never used what they say they have in place to let me jump in front of the Day tripper's that have bought 7, 8, 9 tickets. Is that really to much to ask?? I aint complaining about them filling the ground. I'm complaining because I feel hard done by. As i have said earlier this season. the amount i have spent on going is more than if i would have bought a season ticket.

wilf,with regards to your previous post "6 adults and 2 children...will they be going to fulham and west brom.." will they fuk! next game will be the semi home leg if we get through and then the final...courtesy of a neighbours girlfriend who apparently works at thomas cook..cant get much better eh? you'd do the same mucker.

interpol said:
Is someone who stumps up for a full season's games 6 months before they begin more "loyal" than someone who turns up for 7 European home games? I think so.

Better 'Customer' yes, but more 'loyal'?
Obviously loyalty points are awarded for ticket buying (not same as match going). But they're also awarded to non season ticket holders too and that i believe was the original point being made by Blues who've probably missed out in the Hamburg free-for-all. My experience is that City fans who don't have enough loyalty points to buy tickets accept that fact and only get annoyed when people with less points are sold the very same tickets (like yesterday); oh and they also get upset when fellow blues arrogantly claim their personal circumstances, which allow them to buy a season ticket make, them a better/bigger/more "loyal" fan.

Macc Blue said:
.....oh and they also get upset when fellow blues arrogantly claim their personal circumstances, which allow them to buy a season ticket make, them a better/bigger/more "loyal" fan.

Arrogantly.....how have I claimed it arrogantly!! I'm merely stating a fact. Perhaps you could word it for me then so as not to sound "arrogant". Jesus! I'm not in the slightest bit well off mate, and have to scrimp and save for my season ticket each year.
I too get "upset" with fellow fans who turn up for 7 games one season and then think they have a divine right to a ticket for the club's biggest game in years.
I don't understand Wilf's beef at all about this game. He's spent more on individual match tickets this season than a season ticket would have cost him......well he should just get himself a season ticket then (I know he had reasons for not but get a 0% interest credit card or a short term cheap loan (loads of 'em about now!) and pay for it that way. Not only does it make financial sense but COMMON sense too.

blue cigar said:
next game will be the semi home leg if we get through and then the final...courtesy of a neighbours girlfriend who apparently works at thomas cook..cant get much better eh? you'd do the same mucker.
interpol said:
Macc Blue said:
.....oh and they also get upset when fellow blues arrogantly claim their personal circumstances, which allow them to buy a season ticket make, them a better/bigger/more "loyal" fan.

Arrogantly.....how have I claimed it arrogantly!! I'm merely stating a fact. Perhaps you could word it for me then so as not to sound "arrogant". Jesus! I'm not in the slightest bit well off mate, and have to scrimp and save for my season ticket each year.
I too get "upset" with fellow fans who turn up for 7 games one season and then think they have a divine right to a ticket for the club's biggest game in years.
I don't understand Wilf's beef at all about this game. He's spent more on individual match tickets this season than a season ticket would have cost him......well he should just get himself a season ticket then (I know he had reasons for not but get a 0% interest credit card or a short term cheap loan (loads of 'em about now!) and pay for it that way. Not only does it make financial sense but COMMON sense too.

You are making me sound like a fool. I Could have bought a season ticket at the beginning of the season, when the club have looked at my past record and targeted me. I didn't as I work on saturdays. If we didn't have the Uefa Cup run then fair enough I wouldn't have been to as many games this season, but considering only 5 have been on a Saturday this season, then I have been. As I said to Dubai blue on about page 6 Hindsight is a good thing, and i would have now been better off getting a season ticket. But I didn't and am still willing to pay to go to games and do do. As for your 7 games comment that is an arrogant comment, cos in my case i havn't just picked and choosed this season or any season. I will get my usual tat through the post, for Fulham and West brom hoping I will go, Because it won't be a full house. But then have nerve lets be honest, to overlook us in favour of Daytripper's. What about people that are member's? Do you think they are happy about it. I have never needed one yet and obviously still don't because the club obviously don't think much of it. The club do have a system in place, Had the system been implemented then many people on here wouldn't be complaining. That is my Beef as you put it. Do you think in business Shops do things to hack off people that shop at their shop all the time? No they try and keep them sweet and then attract newbies. In this case City aint done that and that's the most annoying thing.

To Vonkbignose

Couldn't get online on Wednesday because the site was hammered and the phones were ringing out. Additionally I was at work and there's a limit to how much time you can spend on "Personal" Stuff. I've posted before about this and my feeling is "The More the Merrier" but some regulars without season cards will be denied their opportunity to watch the Blues. I'm OK I've got a season card and haven't missed a home game in any competition. I've been to Santander, Nicosia, Schalke and Barnsley (Home!) as have several non season card holder friends. They probably wont get a ticket now unless some of our less than loyal ST holders don't take up their seats by Monday.
Should have held off for a couple of days before general release IMHO. The gesture from the club is brilliant all the same.

Page 13 in 'The great ticket cock up' house and Wilf9 is still bleating. Pity you didn't put as much energy into getting a ticket as you have at moaning about the fact you haven't got one. You'd have had a shedload by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.