The Great Ticket Cock Up.

wilf9 said:
I Have attended 4 less than you, this season then. If you read earlier in the thread I explain to Dubai Blue why I aint a season ticket holder.

Yep...and I've already paid for the rest of the games this season where you haven't.
Sadly your interpretation of "loyalty" differs from that of the club.
They want people to commit to turning up long term, not doing so on an ad-hoc basis.
They don't run a UEFA-only loyalty scheme which is in effect what you want.

Loyalty points
The loyalty points system makes full use of the technology the Stadium smart card brings, and enables fans who have shown their support to be rewarded with priority for buying tickets for major games.

Whether you are a Seasoncard holder, Citycard or non-member who holds an Accesscard, you will automatically have your attendance of games tracked.

This means that when seats go on sale for popular games and cup fixtures, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase seats first.

From the OS.

blue cigar said:
i last went to a game when sven was in charge and it looked like we'd do something..as soon as it went tits up i could'nt be arsed. went to the ticket office on wednesday though and got 6 adult and 2 children for 1st tier,they was'nt havin it at first but said i was a "new" fan and hey presto..fukin result...cost £32 the lot...if we lose i probably wont bother for ages.

hope thats a wind up, not a very good one tho, considering quite a few regulars and alot of non glory hunting city supporters have missed out.

what you have described above is not a city supporter

blue cigar said:
i last went to a game when sven was in charge and it looked like we'd do something..as soon as it went tits up i could'nt be arsed. went to the ticket office on wednesday though and got 6 adult and 2 children for 1st tier,they was'nt havin it at first but said i was a "new" fan and hey presto..fukin result...cost £32 the lot...if we lose i probably wont bother for ages.

that's very honest of you mate and probably is probably representative of lots of people.

You might get some stick on here, though.

interpol said:
wilf9 said:
I Have attended 4 less than you, this season then. If you read earlier in the thread I explain to Dubai Blue why I aint a season ticket holder.

Yep...and I've already paid for the rest of the games this season where you haven't.
Sadly your interpretation of "loyalty" differs from that of the club.
They want people to commit to turning up long term, not doing so on an ad-hoc basis.
They don't run a UEFA-only loyalty scheme which is in effect what you want.

And I have already paid them more this season than you have. I.E £42 quid for the derby, Im not getting into and argument with you over this anyway. My point is that, they have done a stupid offer, which has just filled the ground with day trippers. You honestly think Fulham and West Brom will sell out? The way I see it is that Gary Cook and the PR team have panicked when Hamburg Asked for 6000 tickets. Do you think this offer would have been implemented if it hadn't. They should have put something in place to give people that normally go a chance to get a ticket. Wouldn't you be peeved if you had bought a membership this season and someone who lets be frank hasn't been all season gets a ticket in front of you. If you want to reward loyalty dand you dont have a system in place. Why not give season ticket holder their ticket for a fiver and charge everyone else £15 or £20. remember the last round was £25 against Albourg on open sale

wilf9 said:
And I have already paid them more this season than you have. I.E £42 quid for the derby, Im not getting into and argument with you over this anyway. My point is that, they have done a stupid offer, which has just filled the ground with day trippers. You honestly think Fulham and West Brom will sell out? The way I see it is that Gary Cook and the PR team have panicked when Hamburg Asked for 6000 tickets. Do you think this offer would have been implemented if it hadn't. They should have put something in place to give people that normally go a chance to get a ticket. Wouldn't you be peeved if you had bought a membership this season and someone who lets be frank hasn't been all season gets a ticket in front of you. If you want to reward loyalty dand you dont have a system in place. Why not give season ticket holder their ticket for a fiver and charge everyone else £15 or £20. remember the last round was £25 against Albourg on open sale

I agree it's harsh that fans like yourself who have been to a lot of games this season might now struggle to get a ticket behind those that haven't, but then the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't try things. Attendances have been appalling for the earlier rounds, so I suspect they thought the uptake for this round would be similiar. It does smack of someone not really thinking it through properly.
The loyalty points system should have been used to distribute tickets fairly. But even then people would moan because you'd get some saying that points earned attending UEFA games should take preference over points earned attending league games. The bottom line is the ground will be full....and THAT is what they wanted.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Loyalty points
The loyalty points system makes full use of the technology the Stadium smart card brings, and enables fans who have shown their support to be rewarded with priority for buying tickets for major games.

Whether you are a Seasoncard holder, Citycard or non-member who holds an Accesscard, you will automatically have your attendance of games tracked.

This means that when seats go on sale for popular games and cup fixtures, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase seats first.

From the OS.

If That's on our site thaen heads should roll, None of that has been followed in our biggest game since arguably 1999. It's Just bang out of order, makes me even more annoyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.