The Great Ticket Cock Up.

Only 15,000 went on open sale yesterday, not everyone would have got one anyway with the demand being about 100,000 going off reports. Theres not tickets for everyone, everyone cannot keep blaming the club!!

If some of you hadn't noticed the club are trying to attract new fans, therefore they have made it as easy as possible for people who havn't been alot, or at all to come to this game (£5 in, general sale straight away). As the club gets more and more successful (as is the plan) these fans will probably come to more games and get season tickets, where as fans who currently don't want a season ticket but come when they can, will still not want a season ticket and will try and get there when they can. The club wants to recruit season ticket holders and in all probability alot of people who missed out on tickets today or are going to the game on a general sale ticket will purchase season tickets next year, so the club gets what it wants a full ground for the tie and increased season ticket sales.

interpol said:
wilf9 said:
And I have already paid them more this season than you have. I.E £42 quid for the derby, Im not getting into and argument with you over this anyway. My point is that, they have done a stupid offer, which has just filled the ground with day trippers. You honestly think Fulham and West Brom will sell out? The way I see it is that Gary Cook and the PR team have panicked when Hamburg Asked for 6000 tickets. Do you think this offer would have been implemented if it hadn't. They should have put something in place to give people that normally go a chance to get a ticket. Wouldn't you be peeved if you had bought a membership this season and someone who lets be frank hasn't been all season gets a ticket in front of you. If you want to reward loyalty dand you dont have a system in place. Why not give season ticket holder their ticket for a fiver and charge everyone else £15 or £20. remember the last round was £25 against Albourg on open sale

I agree it's harsh that fans like yourself who have been to a lot of games this season might now struggle to get a ticket behind those that haven't, but then the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't try things. Attendances have been appalling for the earlier rounds, so I suspect they thought the uptake for this round would be similiar. It does smack of someone not really thinking it through properly.
The loyalty points system should have been used to distribute tickets fairly. But even then people would moan because you'd get some saying that points earned attending UEFA games should take preference over points earned attending league games. The bottom line is the ground will be full....and THAT is what they wanted.

ABSOLTUELY SPOT ON MATE

ANYONE YOU HEAR MOANING CAN WEALL JUST COPY AND PASTE THIS

foley87 said:
interpol said:
wilf9 said:
And I have already paid them more this season than you have. I.E £42 quid for the derby, Im not getting into and argument with you over this anyway. My point is that, they have done a stupid offer, which has just filled the ground with day trippers. You honestly think Fulham and West Brom will sell out? The way I see it is that Gary Cook and the PR team have panicked when Hamburg Asked for 6000 tickets. Do you think this offer would have been implemented if it hadn't. They should have put something in place to give people that normally go a chance to get a ticket. Wouldn't you be peeved if you had bought a membership this season and someone who lets be frank hasn't been all season gets a ticket in front of you. If you want to reward loyalty dand you dont have a system in place. Why not give season ticket holder their ticket for a fiver and charge everyone else £15 or £20. remember the last round was £25 against Albourg on open sale

I agree it's harsh that fans like yourself who have been to a lot of games this season might now struggle to get a ticket behind those that haven't, but then the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't try things. Attendances have been appalling for the earlier rounds, so I suspect they thought the uptake for this round would be similiar. It does smack of someone not really thinking it through properly.
The loyalty points system should have been used to distribute tickets fairly. But even then people would moan because you'd get some saying that points earned attending UEFA games should take preference over points earned attending league games. The bottom line is the ground will be full....and THAT is what they wanted.

ABSOLTUELY SPOT ON MATE

ANYONE YOU HEAR MOANING CAN WEALL JUST COPY AND PASTE THIS

Loyalty points
The loyalty points system makes full use of the technology the Stadium smart card brings, and enables fans who have shown their support to be rewarded with priority for buying tickets for major games.

Whether you are a Seasoncard holder, Citycard or non-member who holds an Accesscard, you will automatically have your attendance of games tracked.

This means that when seats go on sale for popular games and cup fixtures, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase seats first.

So what are you saying you bypass all the people that have gone for the last 10 15 years, Ignore your own systems (above) that are in place, to make sure people that people that deserve a ticket have a chance to get one? Just to attract a new fan that hasn't botherd to go before in his life? If that is what you are saying and if that's acceptable to the majority of you on here, then that basically has meant the things that made old city fans different, are evaporating. I hope you are happy In the unfilled ground against Fulham and West Brom.

wilf9 said:
Loyalty points
The loyalty points system makes full use of the technology the Stadium smart card brings, and enables fans who have shown their support to be rewarded with priority for buying tickets for major games.

Whether you are a Seasoncard holder, Citycard or non-member who holds an Accesscard, you will automatically have your attendance of games tracked.

This means that when seats go on sale for popular games and cup fixtures, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase seats first.

So what are you saying you bypass all the people that have gone for the last 10 15 years, Ignore your own systems (above) that are in place, to make sure people that people that deserve a ticket have a chance to get one? Just to attract a new fan that hasn't botherd to go before in his life? If that is what you are saying and if that's acceptable to the majority of you on here, then that basically has meant the things that made old city fans different, are evaporating. I hope you are happy In the unfilled ground against Fulham and West Brom.

Had this scheme in place for the last game and less than 25,000 of our "loyal" supporters bothered to turn up. Not sure what people want.

Lenblue said:
I feel for the people who may have missed out on tickets but...

I , like everyone else, heard about this offer, and went down to the ground nice and early today, and managed to buy as many tickets as I needed.

Along with quite a few league games, I have been to the Barnsley "Home" game, the Midgyland Game, and Schalke away.

History wise, I come from a family full of City Supporters, went to my first game in 1976, ballboy, junior blue, had a season ticket since early eighties until a couple of years ago, when financial reasons caused me to stop buying one, bought my kids season tickets. I have been to games with every member of my family, so when I heard about this offer, I read it as a chance to get the whole family together, and go to the game and sit together etc, at a very reasonable cost. For this I needed 16 tickets, went down today at 9.15, queued for 30 minutes, and purchased my 16 tickets for a grand total of £48 quid, 8 adults, 8 kids.

All city fans, all been to games this season so I feel totally justified in taking up this offer from the club. If I had wanted to do this for a previous game it would have cost me 4 or 5 times this amount.

I am really looking forward to it, and I am sure my party of 16 will make as much noise as the rest of the 40+000 crowd.Age range from 6 to 75, 3 generations of family, all supporting City in a European Quarter Final, is not something that I could have envisaged a few years ago.

And for that, I am happy.

CTID

Good on you mate and enjoy - never know when/if you get the chance again ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.