The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell predicted any of that? In fact i'm sure most journalists had you in the top 4 and some to even win it this year.

Anyway my point is simple, unless Levy loosens the purse strings regarding wages the players will be off, especially now they know he earns more than them!! You need to pay them what they can earn AND win things elsewhere or why would they stay? This is the best opportunity for you with your current squad, miss out now and that'll be back to the drawing board for you.

I'm not just talking about journalists. Vast majority of predictions that I saw had Spurs down to struggle this season because of Wembley. The only variation was in the degree to which they would struggle.

I really don't think the fact that Levy - Chairman, Chief Executive and 25% owner of THFC, who works his nuts off for the club without taking a dividend - earning £6m per annum will influence the players one way or the other. They'll only care what they themselves are earning, what the other Spurs players are earning and what players at other clubs are earning. And yes, doubtless some players will want to leave if they think they can earn more elsewhere.

As to this being Spurs' best or last opportunity, we've had people telling us that for the past 10-15 years.

I had them finishing second at the start of the year and running us all the way , the fact we are 20 points clear of them and they are below the expectations point wise to date the club had for them suggests its only just a pass mark for them this year.

They had a great opportunity to reach the last 8 in the Chumps League and blew it and meekly went out of the league cup.

They had better reach the FA Cup final otherwise it will be a failure for them this season even by most of their most pessimistic supporters expectations.

If we qualify for the Champions League again, the great majority of Spurs fans will consider this season a success. It's easy now to forget just how much trepidation there was about playing "home" games at Wembley for a whole season. It's also easy to forget that Spurs have never before, in the modern era, sustained and consolidated a place in the top four. To be contemplating the possibility of a third successive top four finish is new territory.

But certainly, we would like to win a trophy too!

I'm not just talking about journalists. Vast majority of predictions that I saw had Spurs down to struggle this season because of Wembley. The only variation was in the degree to which they would struggle.

I really don't think the fact that Levy - Chairman, Chief Executive and 25% owner of THFC, who works his nuts off for the club without taking a dividend - earning £6m per annum will influence the players one way or the other. They'll only care what they themselves are earning, what the other Spurs players are earning and what players at other clubs are earning. And yes, doubtless some players will want to leave if they think they can earn more elsewhere.

As to this being Spurs' best or last opportunity, we've had people telling us that for the past 10-15 years.

And won what in those last 10-15 years?

If you want to count Arsenal and Chelsea fans views on where you'll finish then they're not going to be to complimentary are they? Christ i had Rags and Liverpool to both be relegated!!

It's not just what Levy earns but what they're not earning compared to their counterparts. You can't say Kane is worth £200 million then pay him what someone worth £50m is.

It's not how it works.

If you want to count Arsenal and Chelsea fans views on where you'll finish then they're not going to be to complimentary are they? Christ i had Rags and Liverpool to both be relegated!!

It's not just what Levy earns but what they're not earning compared to their counterparts. You can't say Kane is worth £200 million then pay him what someone worth £50m is.

It's not how it works.
Plus, while they're paid far less than their peers, Levy is earning more than twice as much as any of his.

It's not how it works.

The predictions I saw were from fans of numerous different clubs - including Spurs.

I very much doubt that Levy has put any kind of a figure on Harry Kane's worth. It's not his style. So any judgement as to how much Kane ought to be earning on the basis of that criterion is moot.

Plus, while they're paid far less than their peers, Levy is earning more than twice as much as any of his.

Levy is Chairman and Chief Executive. Most of his peers only fulfil one of those roles. Levy is also a 25% shareholder (by virtue of his 29% of ENIC) but takes no dividend. And, unlike Joe Lewis or other super rich owners, Levy has no great wealth beyond his holding in ENIC.

Levy is Chairman and Chief Executive. Most of his peers only fulfil one of those roles. Levy is also a 25% shareholder (by virtue of his 29% of ENIC) but takes no dividend. And, unlike Joe Lewis or other super rich owners, Levy has no great wealth beyond his holding in ENIC.
He probably works about 4 days a year in the chairman's role.

So they were right then ?

The predictions I saw were from fans of numerous different clubs - including Spurs.

I very much doubt that Levy has put any kind of a figure on Harry Kane's worth. It's not his style. So any judgement as to how much Kane ought to be earning on the basis of that criterion is moot.

Haha, you don't think that Levy has already got an idea what he wants when Madrid come calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.