The Jam

mackenzie said:
It's just that when I hear certain Jam songs I am there again back in that time.
Waiting for the new Jam single to be released,at the age of 15, was something you just can't understand completely if you weren't a fan at that very same time.

As much as I like and appreciate the works of The Beatles, I have always known that for my Aunt (born in 1949) it was a more genuine experience. She grew up with them and their music and that is how I feel about The Jam.

man am right with you

me and my brother would spend hours playing every new released single / albums
you would play them all night long with mum dad bang on the door / floor

even going to the underground market in town for bootlegs tapes
great times

just dont get that today

try not to tap your feet to this

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8gMJReoG7CE&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8gMJReoG7 ... re=related</a>

ancoats said:
mackenzie said:
It's just that when I hear certain Jam songs I am there again back in that time.
Waiting for the new Jam single to be released,at the age of 15, was something you just can't understand completely if you weren't a fan at that very same time.

As much as I like and appreciate the works of The Beatles, I have always known that for my Aunt (born in 1949) it was a more genuine experience. She grew up with them and their music and that is how I feel about The Jam.

man am right with you

great times

just dont get that today
You do get that today. Young people are as passionate about music as us oldies.

Remember when you were young and old people were saying the same as you? Remember saying to yourself that you would never get old and bitter? Well.....

Cardigan and slippers time! ;)

Banned Tosspot said:
ancoats said:
mackenzie said:

man am right with you

great times

just dont get that today
You do get that today. Young people are as passionate about music as us oldies.

Remember when you were young and old people were saying the same as you? Remember saying to yourself that you would never get old and bitter? Well.....

Cardigan and slippers time! ;)

you could never in a million years see people dancing in a
Over 60’s Club to the jam well give another 10 years

i can see myself still dancing and jump out of my wheelchair

Never said kids weren't as passionate today. The varied Music threads on this very forum are testament to the fact that they are.

However, I do believe that to grow up with a band is an experience in itself. It is the soundtrack to your formative years and I doubt it can ever be replicated in quite the same way by what you listen to later.

I can listen to stuff now and think "That's really good" and I can certainly appreciate it. I can also listen to stuff from 30 years ago and think "God, that was so crap it was almost good."

The difference is that sometimes the crap edges over the here and now because of the memories.

The difference, for me, was that The Jam tick all the boxes. They were brilliant, part of my growing up and still as good as anything out there today that I have listened to.

ancoats said:

They are better than The Smiths if that helps ;)

Banned Tosspot said:
ancoats said:

They are better than The Smiths if that helps ;)

NOOOOOOOO YOU HAVE DONE IT NOW
THE SMITHS

THE SHIT IS GOING TO HIT THE FANS

ancoats said:
mackenzie said:

man am right with you

great times

just dont get that today

I remember my brother bringing in a radio to school on a tuesday so at dinner we could find out where Jam singles came in the charts.

barryo said:
ancoats said:
mackenzie said:

man am right with you

great times

just dont get that today

I remember my brother bringing in a radio to school on a tuesday so at dinner we could find out where Jam singles came in the charts.

i remember being on a school holiday in ibiza and my mates and i phoning home to see if going underground went straight to no.1, which of course it did.

saw them 1977 blackburn kings hall, about 500 people, the support band was The Vapours who had a no 2 hit called I THINK IAM TURNING JAPENEESE which if my memory serves right was about the face you pull when your about to shoot ur load

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.