The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guidetti is "injured", better than before but still can't take part in the proper training sessions. At least two months before he can do that and then he has I would assume another few months to get used to proper training again. A loan move in Jan might suit him.

Scapuzzi and Nimley will be gone. No future at the club.

As for where Guidetti will play, we have four strikers and I think Dzeko will be off next season so if Guidetti proves himself then he becomes third choice and perhaps we buy another young talent to be backup.

IMO we will have 3 strikers - I view Jovetic as more of an attacking midfielder (a bit like Bellamy in his last year here, played on the left rather than as a striker) who can fill in as a striker if need be.

I guess we will have to wait until January to see how Guidetti is, and also how Dzeko is performing. Its looking likely that Dzeko would be the next stiker to leave, whenever that may be. At this point in time Guidetti has the potential to replace him once he does move on, whether that is in January or next summer remains to be seen.

On another note, where is Marcos Lopes? He must still be injured? Shame that he couldn't make pre season to showcase his ability, I reckon a loan move is in the offing once he is back to fitness, or in January.

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 38s
ACADEMY IN CROATIA: The under-18s game has just finished where Jason Wilcox's men recorded an impressive 6-1 win over Olimpija. #mcfc

BlueDejong said:
ACADEMY IN CROATIA: The under-18s game has just finished where Jason Wilcox's men recorded an impressive 6-1 win over Olimpija. #mcfc
Nice, hopefully willcox can do the same with our u18's as he did with was is u13s or u14s? :)

BlueDejong said:

great to see, but i have to admit that its a bit disappionting to see that less than half on the startin 11 that played for the u21s today is english. Nothin against signing foreign players, but just think that we have maybe signed too many over the last few seasons.

boothy_ said:
BlueDejong said:

great to see, but i have to admit that its a bit disappionting to see that less than half on the startin 11 that played for the u21s today is english. Nothin against signing foreign players, but just think that we have maybe signed too many over the last few seasons.

We will play a lot of matches in the league when the only English player will be Hart in the starting team...

LoveCity "So that's Manu Garcia, (adult), ???, Pablo Maffeo, and Angel Esmoris Tasende. My mind may have blanked but who is the second kid from the left. Another new signing? These things must be known! :)"

that ??? is paolo fernandes catin, likes to be called paolito and he has twitter : @FPaolo10

After that trial, #MCFC decided to sign up Jason #Denayer, as they got impressed by his skills.

Anyone know more about him?

JacksonJones said:
After that trial, #MCFC decided to sign up Jason #Denayer, as they got impressed by his skills.

Anyone know more about him?
I think thats a while ago. He has played multiple games in the EDS since, partnering up in defense with Bossaerts. He seems a good strong phsyical lad.

Apparently we have a hotshot young Mexican kid on trial now, too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8860728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8860728</a>?

Apologies to all for the reference to the scum in that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.