The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Hyde last night to watch EDS. Pleased they got a win -at last.I agree with comments about Emyr Hughes- powerful and skillful- excellent run for his goal. The main reason for my post however is to comment on the behaviour of a group of lads sitting immediately behind me in the stand--immaculate. They were obviously part of one of our youth teams - they looked about 16 years old. No messing about -no swearing { I even heard one lad say "oh my gosh"}.They were there to watch the game and support the club. They were a credit to the club and themselves

mcfcdaytona said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
happychappy said:
I paid at the turnstile, but must admit I did wonder whether I needed a ticket because of the way it was put on the os

Exactly right you can always pay at the gate but it's not been that clear due to the way it was advertised. More thought needs to go into promoting the matches as i think we should be getting at least 3000 for these games.

Lack of good parking and public transport to Hyde is not a help. But there is also a melaise at City regarding Res/Youth - THFC get nearly 10k when paying for entry - we get about 2k for a free Fri night game during the hols at the Etihad - says it all really.
I only go about 3 times a season to watch the res/youth since the early eighties, but I can't remember a time when it was popular with the fans, shame really as you get to see players develop and as they all develop at different rates you get to see if your judgements on them prove right. On another note it's a shame the bar at Hyde rd is not open for a swift one as it's classed as a European night

happychappy said:
I only go about 3 times a season to watch the res/youth since the early eighties, but I can't remember a time when it was popular with the fans, shame really as you get to see players develop and as they all develop at different rates you get to see if your judgements on them prove right. On another note it's a shame the bar at Hyde rd is not open for a swift one as it's classed as a European night

Have noticed fans of other clubs tend to follow their youth team a lot more... based on reading other forums anyway and also some of the attendances (Spurs getting 9,000 last night!). However I do think the wonderful new academy facilities and the reserve ground in the shadow of the Etihad could boost interest in our academy/reserve teams, especially as the quality of player is likely to shoot through the roof as well over time.

An enjoyable night last night.Fenerbahce flew out of the blocks and caused our lads a few problems especially down the left where they seemed to gang up on Shay Facey. Adam Durey whipped in some class balls into the 6 yard box but non of our lads were making the runs to get there ?
2nd half Durey stayed out right and that helped peg back the attacks that had caused problems in the first half.Thought Jordy had been shot with a snipers riffle the way he went down for the 2nd pen haha. I like Ellis Plumber seems to have a bit of c**t about him.
Apart from the wanker on car park duty a good nigh out.

I was also at Hyde last night to watch EDS. I agree with the comments about the behaviour of the Academy lads. A credit to the club. I thought it was a great game. Contrasting styles, yes, Fbce started out like a rocket but they were never going to maintain that pace, energy and stamina for 90 minutes, and City ground it back. I thought that Huws was terrific again. Very dominant and powerful. He was fouled a lot which showed they couldn't handle him. His direct run at their defence opened the door for his goal. Just wish he'd do that more often. Suarez is talented and fast but can't see a pass and needs to lift his head

Wabara has joined Oldham on an initial 1-month loan deal. Considering there was apparently loads of Championship interest in him, a step down to League One is a bit strange. Probably a favour to Dickov and the guarantee of playing time.

eternaloptimist said:
I was at Hyde last night to watch EDS. Pleased they got a win -at last.I agree with comments about Emyr Hughes- powerful and skillful- excellent run for his goal. The main reason for my post however is to comment on the behaviour of a group of lads sitting immediately behind me in the stand--immaculate. They were obviously part of one of our youth teams - they looked about 16 years old. No messing about -no swearing { I even heard one lad say "oh my gosh"}.They were there to watch the game and support the club. They were a credit to the club and themselves
Great to hear

U 18's lost at Fulham today but a big bright spot was our 14 year old starlet Aaron Nemane scoring twice on debut

From Fulham's OS;

U18s 3-2 Manchester City

Saturday 22 September 2012 13:12

Fulham Under-18s made it four wins from four when they defeated Manchester City by three goals to two at Motspur Park on Saturday.

The Whites took the lead through top scorer Cauley Woodrow in the first half when the striker tucked home from close range following good work by Pat Roberts. It was Woodrow's seventh goal of the season and he nearly made it eight moments later when he rattled the crossbar.

Steve Wigley's men doubled their lead in the second half when Lyle Della Verde scored an absolute screamer from distance after collecting George Williams' pass.

City halved the deficit not long after when 14-year-old substitute Aaron Nemane found the back of the net after the away side countered quickly following a Fulham corner.

The goal spurred City on and Max Oberschmidt had to react quickly to deny them an equaliser.

But it was the Whites who scored next when Muamer Tankovic swept home following more good work from Williams.

Nemane grabbed his second of the game to ensure a nervy finale but Wigley's charges did enough to hold onto their spot at the top of the league.

Two 14 year olds played today, City actually said the other (Joshua Murray) scored the goals until they corrected it. That's a very young age to play for the 18s, either it means they're great talents or we're short on numbers. Anyone know what's happening with Jules Ntcham? Still no sign of him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jules-ntcham/profil/spieler_224088.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jules ... 24088.html</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.