The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game too... Lopes was a little quiet at times, mainly because as usual Spain had most of the ball. But he is very intelligent and hard working, has loads of potential to be sure. Made some clever runs, including one where he was barely offside or would surely have scored. We've rarely had a player of such natural talent in our youth system before.

He wasn't helped by the striker (Guedes I think?), who seemed to be on a mission to miss as many chances as possible, or that some of Portugals passing was suprisingly sloppy, especially in the middle of the park. I like the look of their rightback Cancelo though, I thought he was very impressive

I really really wish the club would stream EDS games.

As mentioned above, Lopes (together with Pozo) are both looking fantastic for their age. It'll be a pleasure watching the boys transform into class players here with us.

skandreas said:
Exciting times ahead for the EDS team with Pellegrini as our new manager. It really is a shame that they doesn't stream the games, either for free or for a little fee. I guess that the interest for streaming of these games is pretty big actually. As I live in Norway I don't have the chance of attending these games and it's therefore sad that I won't be able to stream them either. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of streaming of these games the coming season?

How is it exciting times? If anything with our current signings it's harder than ever for the youth to break into the first team. Pellegrini will also be under huge pressure to win trophies his first season which again will make him not want to risk playing them.

I highly doubt we will see any of the academy players this season except maybe a few FA cup games.

RandomJ said:
skandreas said:
Exciting times ahead for the EDS team with Pellegrini as our new manager. It really is a shame that they doesn't stream the games, either for free or for a little fee. I guess that the interest for streaming of these games is pretty big actually. As I live in Norway I don't have the chance of attending these games and it's therefore sad that I won't be able to stream them either. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of streaming of these games the coming season?

How is it exciting times? If anything with our current signings it's harder than ever for the youth to break into the first team. Pellegrini will also be under huge pressure to win trophies his first season which again will make him not want to risk playing them.

I highly doubt we will see any of the academy players this season except maybe a few FA cup games.
Stop being negative and hope for the best. I do belive we will see more of them than last season, who knows someone might get a breakthrough.

Emyr Huws is waiting to discover what Manchester City have planned for him, with another loan move a possible option.

The 19-year-old midfielder took in a spell at Northampton Town last season, offering him a first taste of regular football on the senior stage.

The Wales U21 international impressed in League Two and has returned to City brimming with confidence.

His willingness to do whatever is required to reach the top has been rewarded with a place in Manuel Pellegrini's pre-season tour party - taking him to South Africa and Hong Kong.

Huws appreciates that involvement in summer competition does not mean he will be knocking on the Premier League door in 2013/14, with City merely taking the opportunity to offer their promising academy graduates useful experience.

Taking that into account, Huws admits that he would be open to the idea of heading out on loan again in the near future - with game time required if he is to continue his development.

He told the Manchester Evening News on his pre-season involvement: "It's a great chance for me to make an impact.

"I am not expecting too much from this season, I just want to improve myself, and work day by day to try and get more opportunities.

"I will have a better idea of what next season holds for me when I get back - whether I go on loan again or stick with the U21s for a bit."

Regarding Huws,i havent seen much of him recently,so who,in our first team set up,is he most similar to and whose place could he potentially fill?

FantasyIreland said:
Regarding Huws,i havent seen much of him recently,so who,in our first team set up,is he most similar to and whose place could he potentially fill?
emyr huws, id say he reminds me mostly of bary, with a quite long passing range. He does look good on the ball aswell

spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:
emyr huws, id say he reminds me mostly of bary, with a quite long passing range. He does look good on the ball aswell

He gets a mention from Marwood in this interview in Croatia...good to see paddy v coming along in his coaching as well

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2013/Brian-Marwood-interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews ... -interview</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.