The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“Liverpool’s main strength is energy.” That is so true and is why the Klopp method is unsustainable. It is why their “quad” campaign broke them and why their performance levels dropped so much afterwards. They have now completely replaced their midfield with youth and energy, if it doesn’t work then what?

Think their main problem now is that their best players will be 33 y.o. next summer. It's hard to replace the likes of Salah and VVD. Therefore, they'll be desperate to win the title this season... Will be hell of a battle, especially the game at Anfield. Pep and the players will cherish the opportunity to show who we are, though. Will be interesting.

I could handle a season where we don’t finish top, but would find it hard to take the dippers seriously if it was them that beat us. How many times have they won the Premier League this millennium? Once!

If the Rags can get a draw at Anfield, there’s no reason why we can‘t. A win for once would be better. It would be nice not to make the usual playing mistakes or getting corrupt refereeing and VAR decisions go against us as well.

Man City should easily be able to capitalise on Liverpool's loss of Salah for AFCON.

While also strengthening by re-introducing De Bruyne back into the squad for the Huddersfield cup match. The next few run of games are all very winnable.

If the Rags can get a draw at Anfield, there’s no reason why we can‘t. A win for once would be better. It would be nice not to make the usual playing mistakes or getting corrupt refereeing and VAR decisions go against us as well.
Unfortunately the main risk is the last one and we can do fuck all about it

We could lose to them at anfield.. big gap COULD be a challenge depending on results prior to this one. I think we are more likely to not string a run together than they are this year. Looks like their definite favourites to me.
We have only lost one of the last five visits to Klanfield , Cancelo's brain fart seperated the teams last time , so their recent home record against us is nothing to fear .Looking at the Dippers form this season they are vulnerable away from home and i do not see that changing , but i can see us getting stronger with KDB ,Stones & Haaland playing regularly again.
We are still odds on at the bookies and i think they have got it right , time will tell.

I didnt watch their game yesterday but from what I read in the match reports the chances of any team other than Liverpool benefitting from refereeing decisions at Anfield are pretty remote. If we are going to win there we’ll have to do without help from the officials.

Last edited:
4th PL has never been done

One of the main reasons I really want to see us win it this year (apart from the obvious a blue wanting City to win), is that I really think this group of players under this manager DESERVES to be the first side to win 4 in a row. And that they deserve history to remember them as the team to do it. As a reflection of both their quality and dominance over this stretch of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.