The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you have serious doubts Pep knows what he's doing?
I have doubts that the current setup/style is as effective as that which we were playing at the back end of last season. That’s it. And I’m fairly comfortable that results and performances back that up.
Pep’s a genius. You’ll go a long way to find anyone who rates him higher than I do. Head and shoulders the best coach in the world, one of the very best of all time. But I still reckon it’s ok to question some of his decisions every now and then.

unless lets say after the first Porto games Saka will be out injured for 6 weeks, then next Porto game Odegaard will be out for 2 months.

and add in the tiredness factor.
Surprisingly our team are donkeys and do better when there are more games in a period. If we give them a couple of weeks off I expect them to turn up looking like they never have kicked a ball before in their life. So more games suits our lot.

I have doubts that the current setup/style is as effective as that which we were playing at the back end of last season. That’s it. And I’m fairly comfortable that results and performances back that up.
Pep’s a genius. You’ll go a long way to find anyone who rates him higher than I do. Head and shoulders the best coach in the world, one of the very best of all time. But I still reckon it’s ok to question some of his decisions every now and then.

I agree. But it's difficult to play the same setup/style when the players are not the same. Some of them left, other were injured, and still other are not in form (yet).

Think we'll hit form soon enough.

I agree. But it's difficult to play the same setup/style when the players are not the same. Some of them left, other were injured, and still other are not in form (yet).

Think we'll hit form soon enough.
Here’s hoping

I bet Brentford despite being dog awful today vs dippers will raise their game on Tuesday night and will be 10 times more accurate with their shooting from about 3 times less chances overall.
the pricks. fucking Flekken is back with his magic saves again?

either way, we have no excuse not to win that game, especially after today, a big reaction is needed, and we also need to look out for games to improve our GD. I would hate to match the points with Arse or dippers and lose on GD. especially after missing so many good chances in lots of games.

Arsenal have scored 21 in their last 5 PL games and + 19 on GD alongside max 15 points. I hope this means they hit top form too soon this season...

Our best team is the one that played mid week, you could argue Akanji for Walker based on last season

if we can play it enough times in the league we will win it again , if we don’t, we wont

our reserves aren’t as good this season as previous years , Doku , Kovacic and Nunes aren’t trusted for big games yet

Our best team is the one that played mid week, you could argue Akanji for Walker based on last season

if we can play it enough times in the league we will win it again , if we don’t, we wont

our reserves aren’t as good this season as previous years , Doku , Kovacic and Nunes aren’t trusted for big games yet
nail on the head

No change, we still have to beat dippers as it stands:

left to play....pts now....max pts

dippers...12...60...96
CITY.......12...59...95
arse.......12...58...94

Goal difference...it's been a good while since we are playing catch up.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.