The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many Copenhagen players would start for Chelsea? 1-2 max?

Copenhagen are a decent team, but Chelsea’s squad is one of the most expensive ever for a reason.

We weren't good, but it's extremely difficult to be good after 3 PL titles in a row and the Treble. And we could still win another Treble. It's incredible really.
Fair enough. And I don’t think anyone expects it to be easy to win titles again - it would be a phenomenal achievement.
The only point I’m making is a fairly straightforward one - on those rare occasions this season we’ve played in a similar style/setup to last year, we’ve looked much better than when we play like we did tonight.

I am not as worried about Anfield. Last time we've been there, we have been the better side, and this Liverpool side is not as powerful. Even if we draw, I would back us to have more points in the remaining fixtures than Liverpool. And Arsenal don't worry me at all.

As frustrating as today was, I feel like Pochetino and Chelsea are always difficult to us. We have to be way more clinical though.
I’m never worried about City going away to any side in the world. What worries me is the officials.

I am not as worried about Anfield. Last time we've been there, we have been the better side, and this Liverpool side is not as powerful. Even if we draw, I would back us to have more points in the remaining fixtures than Liverpool. And Arsenal don't worry me at all.

As frustrating as today was, I feel like Pochetino and Chelsea are always difficult to us. We have to be way more clinical though.
Spot on mate

Fair enough. And I don’t think anyone expects it to be easy to win titles again - it would be a phenomenal achievement.
The only point I’m making is a fairly straightforward one - on those rare occasions this season we’ve played in a similar style/setup to last year, we’ve looked much better than when we play like we did tonight.

We've barely played Stones, Kevin and Haaland together, and not because Pep injured them. We have little choice but to rotate heavily. Otherwise, we can't finish the season strongly. Personally, I think we'll be fresher than both Arsenal and Liverpool in April/May.

could be 1 point behind on tues with 39 points available and some folk are giving up
I think it's because we've made the whole thing incredibly hard. Needlessly hard in fact...

Liverpool at home - hammered them, ended up drawing. Criminal

Chelsea away - we were winning then Walker panicked, booted it away, they attacked and we conceded a pen.

Spurs at home - last mint goal. Walker AGAIN failing to stop a rudimentary cross. Ake forgetting how to jump... 2 games we ended up drawing from winning positions.

Crystal Palace - we were 2 up FFS! Unforgivable to drop the ball from there against a bunch of average simpletons.

Then there's today. Walker, guilty again. Man loses his mind and becomes reminicent of a greyhound chasing a rabbit. Abandons his position and his brain. Panics again, allows Sterling to cut inside (he always turns inside, it's fucking obvious). Haaland misses a sitter. More points dropped.

If we'd have even seen 2 of those 5 fucking games out, what a different story it would be. So I understand people's pessimism. We fucked up earlier in the season and have made it so we have zero room for error.

I'd love us to win the league but we have to win at Anfield now, a draw wouldn't have been a disaster had we not fucked up today. Winning the game in hand would have put us a point ahead now pre anfield, now we'd be 1 behind at best.

Win at Anfield and I'll firmly believe we can nail it. Anything else, I'm sorry to say but that's us fucked. We'll done on making it unnecessarily hard City.

We've barely played Stones, Kevin and Haaland together, and not because Pep injured them. We have little choice but to rotate heavily. Otherwise, we can't finish the season strongly. Personally, I think we'll be fresher than both Arsenal and Liverpool in April/May.
Again, nothing there I disagree with. But those injuries haven’t forced Pep to abandon so much of what we were doing at the end of last season. Even today, and assuming Bernardo wasn’t fit for more than 30 mins, we still didn’t have to effectively play with 5 risk-taking forwards. And that, for me, is the concern - no matter how fresh we might be, if we keep playing like that, I’m much less confident of our chances of picking up the necessary points.

I think it's because we've made the whole thing incredibly hard. Needlessly hard in fact...

Liverpool at home - hammered them, ended up drawing. Criminal

Chelsea away - we were winning then Walker panicked, booted it away, they attacked and we conceded a pen.

Spurs at home - last mint goal. Walker AGAIN failing to stop a rudimentary cross. Ake forgetting how to jump... 2 games we ended up drawing from winning positions.

Crystal Palace - we were 2 up FFS! Unforgivable to drop the ball from there against a bunch of average simpletons.

Then there's today. Walker, guilty again. Man loses his mind and becomes reminicent of a greyhound chasing a rabbit. Abandons his position and his brain. Panics again, allows Sterling to cut inside (he always turns inside, it's fucking obvious). Haaland misses a sitter. More points dropped.

If we'd have even seen 2 of those 5 fucking games out, what a different story it would be. So I understand people's pessimism. We fucked up earlier in the season and have made it so we have zero room for error.

I'd love us to win the league but we have to win at Anfield now, a draw wouldn't have been a disaster had we not fucked up today. Winning the game in hand would have put us a point ahead now pre anfield, now we'd be 1 behind at best.

Win at Anfield and I'll firmly believe we can nail it. Anything else, I'm sorry to say but that's us fucked. We'll done on making it unnecessarily hard City.

I've been saying for ages that IF we are within 5 pts off the top after Anfield, I'll back us to win it from there. And we will be no more than 5 pts off Arsenal/Liverpool after Anfield, so I back us to win it period.

The notion that Liverpool and/or Arsenal are super teams that will win almost all remaining games is misguided. They'll drop enough points in the final 2-3 months.

Again, nothing there I disagree with. But those injuries haven’t forced Pep to abandon so much of what we were doing at the end of last season. Even today, and assuming Bernardo wasn’t fit for more than 30 mins, we still didn’t have to effectively play with 5 risk-taking forwards. And that, for me, is the concern - no matter how fresh we might be, if we keep playing like that, I’m much less confident of our chances of picking up the necessary points.

Do you have serious doubts Pep knows what he's doing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.