The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dips got beat at Arsenal 2 games ago, so of they're bang in form then our draw on Saturday doesn't look too shabby, continuing our unbeaten run.
6 pointers coming up in the next few weeks in terms of the title.
We normally step up to the plate for these.
We never step up to the plate when anfield is involved

Speaking objectively, I’m not sure we were brilliant in the Mancini run in. The last six games were obviously faultless.

Before that we won one out of five and were effectively out of the title race if it wasn’t for United committing one of the biggest bottle jobs in premier league history (which doesn’t get mentioned due to the drama of the Aguero goal being the main theme of that title win).

If think if we dropped that many points in our final 10/11 games this season we won’t be winning the title.

Depends how many games you consider the “run in” to be.

My whole point was that after a fairly inconsistent season performance wise and missing our most important players for large parts we are right in the mix with said injured players returning and us normally always managing the latter stages of a season better than anybody else.
Everybody misses there most important players at some point in a season. Every year KDB has a month or so off injured but our squad has had the depth to cope. This year due to sub standard recruitment and some average players filtering into the squad we are struggling to put teams away and are not convincing. Maybe the signing come good and we have a great end to the season, just can't see it myself. Last years treble is good enough for me, I can live off that for a lifetime.

Everybody misses there most important players at some point in a season. Every year KDB has a month or so off injured but our squad has had the depth to cope. This year due to sub standard recruitment and some average players filtering into the squad we are struggling to put teams away and are not convincing. Maybe the signing come good and we have a great end to the season, just can't see it myself. Last years treble is good enough for me, I can live off that for a lifetime.
I don’t believe we have any average players. We have some who are so good that it makes others stand out as not so good but to step on the pitch for a Pep team usually implies you’re not average.
I guess I’m a bit more optimistic and trusting in this squad to do what they’ve done for several seasons now and finish stronger than the rest.

did my own calculation, we need 10 wins, 4 draws from remaining games 14 games. :)
that takes us 87 points. and that with beating both dippers, Arse. if we dont take 3 points in these 6 pointers no one else will stand up to them either.

absolute good chance two of the 3 clubs will end on same points. either 1-2 positions or 2-3 so goal difference need to be checked

even if we beat dippers they still need to lose 6 points to end up on 87 points. thats 3 draws basically. if they beat us at Anfield they have it so much easier. but then they were there for taking at the Etihad and we let them come back an take 2 points off us and add one to theirs. big mistake.

did my own calculation, we need 10 wins, 4 draws from remaining games 14 games. :)
that takes us 87 points. and that with beating both dippers, Arse. if we dont take 3 points in these 6 pointers no one else will stand up to them either.

absolute good chance two of the 3 clubs will end on same points. either 1-2 positions or 2-3 so goal difference need to be checked

even if we beat dippers they still need to lose 6 points to end up on 87 points. thats 3 draws basically. if they beat us at Anfield they have it so much easier. but then they were there for taking at the Etihad and we let them come back an take 2 points off us and add one to theirs. big mistake.
It isn’t a big mistake to allow a team like Liverpool to get a draw against us. It’s football.
You make it sound like we did it on purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.