The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’ve not beaten a top 5 team this season and we’ve dropped 10points from winning positions and considering we’ve had a few points scammed off us by dubious officiating and the dippers and arse have had some fortuitous decisions go their way, to only be 1 point behind is hardly a disaster is it? It would normally be well within our grasp to take titles again, but the constant change of team selections and tactics is a greater worry for me, play our best team and we win it again.
Come on City.

100% when we get to the business end of the season, weird points get dropped. The teams fighting relegation play like title contenders and the ones with nothing to play for, just play with a bit more freedom. Some players who are looking for a move put the extra shift in. Ultimately, when you HAVE to go a place like West Ham and win the game becomes so much harder. They want to spoilt the party.

All 3 teams are looking like they are ready for the run in and there will be plenty of twists and turns. Personally I think our fixtures are slightly easier and we have the experience of doing it. Arsenal don't and Liverpool have been also-rans quite a few times.

Also, the Champions League and Europa will throw up some tough fixtures and I'd imagine all 3 teams fancy their chances.

I still think we will win it, but it's going to be VERY close.

I still think we will win it, but it's going to be VERY close.

Look at all our PL victories since 2012, and they've all been very close. The one exception to that being the 2017-18 season. Last season didn't look close, except that that's an optical illusion, and it was. Arsenal inexplicably folded in the last few matches, beginning with us. But in fact it had been close all season, with them in fact leading it for most of it. Title fights being close is the norm for us. Accusations of us turning the PL into a farmer's league are laughable. Farmer's league is, say, the French league, where the same team wins it — and easily — over and over and over. Until this year, the Bundesliga looked the same. As for la Liga, the same two teams win it through the decades (with the very occasional sop thrown to Atlético). Maybe not this year, which would be refreshing. But highly doubtful.
I back us to manage this one pretty well. But whoever wins it, I'd be astonished if it's by more than one point.

Look at all our PL victories since 2012, and they've all been very close. The one exception to that being the 2017-18 season. Last season didn't look close, except that that's an optical illusion, and it was. Arsenal inexplicably folded in the last few matches, beginning with us. But in fact it had been close all season, with them in fact leading it for most of it. Title fights being close is the norm for us. Accusations of us turning the PL into a farmer's league are laughable. Farmer's league is, say, the French league, where the same team wins it — and easily — over and over and over. Until this year, the Bundesliga looked the same. As for la Liga, the same two teams win it through the decades (with the very occasional sop thrown to Atlético). Maybe not this year, which would be refreshing. But highly doubtful.
I back us to manage this one pretty well. But whoever wins it, I'd be astonished if it's by more than one point.
I’m not sure I can do another title deciding last game of the season, having heart palpitations just thinking about it

Where do people see Liverpool dropping points
Well, their best result away from home this season was at Wolves, who are 9th. They've dropped points in nearly half their away games, and three of their wins away wins needed injury time winners.

Of their 5 away games left, they play Villa, United, West Ham and have a derby at Everton. Even their 'easiest' away match is at Fulham, whose home record is pretty good, with 8 wins so far.

You could say the same about City this season, but I definitely don't see Liverpool winning every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.