The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We won’t be top come this evening - and we will be further behind after next weekend. In fact there is a strong chance we won’t be top again until after the spurs game due to the run / timing of PL games.

We’ve got to get our heads around the fact we will be chasing for the remainder of the season and it’s out of our hands.

I just have a feeling all will be to play for come last day of the season
Any other feelings we should totally ignore?

2pts and +3GD over Dippers in a 24 hr swing!

Let’s see what Arsenal have got! Feels like it’s been their year this year, but they’ve got ALOT to play for and it was about this time last season it all went sarf!

COME ON VILLA!!

COME ON CITY!!
3 points and a 5 goal swing mate.

It’s been an absolutely brilliant day for us, but think all three teams will still drop points so not getting carried away yet. Feels like a big momentum shift in our favour though.

If the Liverpool and Arsenal players react even 1% as despondently as their fans, we’ll be fine. I can’t believe how many of them are giving up!

I think Liverpool are still the big threat - Klopp leaving means there’s no “better luck next year”, no going again etc, plus they’ve actually got the trophies and experience behind their squad.

It was a Carlsberg Sunday without a doubt. Unexpected and beautiful. And I played my first game of footie in almost a year and managed to walk off under my own steam afterwards. A big bonus after the last two years with a cracked rib and a concussion - not a good look in an O-62 league. But I made it today and will be back next week. Maybe I should continue as the Arse and Liverpool results were just what the doctor ordered...it was a lovely surprise coming off the pitch and seeing those results.

I may have to start a petition....keep Bongo on the pitch while our opponents play...I will accept large bills so don't worry about change. ;)

I said Spurs will decide the title a few days ago and still think this is the case, but the weekend has gave me a different opinion on their situation. I was hoping before the weekend that they would go on a winning run to put them out of sight of Villa, so by time we play them it’s a dead rubber. Now looking at both of their fixtures, I hope they keep drawing or losing and Villa keep winning. Going to Spurs with both teams needing to win won’t be ideal, we need that game to be a dead rubber, while also factoring that the team they hate might be top. They won’t want Arsenal to win the league.

I fucking hate title run ins, it messes with your head in.

¡¡¡ ...Coño...!!!

giphy.webp
fixeth

Going to Spurs with both teams needing to win won’t be ideal, we need that game to be a dead rubber, while also factoring that the team they hate might be top. They won’t want Arsenal to win the league.
True for the fans but much less so the team. Spurs players, like any professional footballers, will want to play their best and win every game. Son & co will want to beat City regardless of North London rivalries or what the result means for the league title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.