The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
GHoddle said:
We aren't creating many chances lol.

According to THFC you are creating more chances than any other prem team.

Well I think to be fair he is defining chances as shots at goal, but that doesn't indicate the quality of the chances.

We really aren't creating many good chances at all which is mostly because the players we have currently find it difficult to express themselves in the system we use. But at the same time that system has also led to us having a very good defensive record. The attacking players will have to learn how to perform to their abilities with less space and time on the ball than they are used to. If that happens our attack will improve but at the moment it is very tedious.

GHoddle said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
GHoddle said:
He scored 34 goals and 6 assists in 43 starts last season. We just play very differently than Valencia do. When our players start supplying him with chances he will score goals. That's why we bought him.

Btw congrats on making it through tonight, I enjoyed watching the interplay between your attacking players.

You seem reasonable, unlike most of the spurs fans on this thread, would you rather Soldado or Negredo?

Well I don't know yet because I don't believe we've seen Soldado's best. We were linked to both in the summer, I was excited by getting either player because I had seen them both play in La Liga. Negredo undoubtedly would have come in and done better for us immediately, because he has the physical strength to get more involved in the game in this league and to hold the ball up more effectively than Soldado can, but at the same time we do have an entirely new front 5 basically and I think that when these players start playing together regularly they will create more clear chances for Soldado that he will score.

To be honest, I think his goal against Villa is the first time I can remember where he had a clear chance to score (ie just the goalkeeper between himself and the net). That definitely needs to improve.

Good avoidance of answering the question, bit of a cop out. For me the style of football you are playing, Negredo would have been much better signing, as he would offer more when isolated, as Soldado appears to be so far this season.

Mind you if a Spurs fan gives an opinion, they'll be another along soon after to disagree, ever since phone ins have been in existence, you have been very schizophrenic set of fans, cant seem to agree on anything regarding your own club.

The Flash said:
THFC6061 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
I've got this vision of AVB waving pie charts at Pellegrini when he's walking off at full time after another mauling,crying "Please you must see these Manuel"

Didn't AVB's Spurs beat Manchester City 3-1 the last time the two clubs met?

Or did I simply imagine it?
Maybe, but that was Mancini's team, not this one.

You should have made the distinction that referenced Gaylord's specific reference to Pellegrini. But you didn't. As usual.

I'm done with you Mr Paul Yarden, with your shit stats and winding people up on this forum.

You grey, bearded sad twat.

But your pal, Gaylord du Bois, referred to "another mauling" when quite patently there's never been one.

So who's winding who up, I wonder?

GHoddle said:
stony said:
GHoddle said:
We aren't creating many chances lol.

According to THFC you are creating more chances than any other prem team.

Well I think to be fair he is defining chances as shots at goal, but that doesn't indicate the quality of the chances.

We really aren't creating many good chances at all which is mostly because the players we have currently find it difficult to express themselves in the system we use. But at the same time that system has also led to us having a very good defensive record. The attacking players will have to learn how to perform to their abilities with less space and time on the ball than they are used to. If that happens our attack will improve but at the moment it is very tedious.

The system you're playing bears more than a passing resemblance to how Mancini set us up when he first came here.
He got pelters from the media for being a typical defensive Italian, and from Spurs fans on all their forums for being a boring defence minded coach. The ridicule from Spurs quarters, who at the time were being lauded as the best attacking team in the Prem, was quite vociferous.
That all changed of course at the start of the 11/12 season when we comprehensively dismantled you at the lane.

The difference in the two teams is that we had the luxury of players like Silva, Toure and Aguero who can change a game in an instant. I don't think you have the same quality in your attacking line up, and since Bale left, you have no one who can change the game with a moment of individual brilliance.

THFC6061 said:
The Flash said:
THFC6061 said:
Didn't AVB's Spurs beat Manchester City 3-1 the last time the two clubs met?

Or did I simply imagine it?
Maybe, but that was Mancini's team, not this one.

You should have made the distinction that referenced Gaylord's specific reference to Pellegrini. But you didn't. As usual.

I'm done with you Mr Paul Yarden, with your shit stats and winding people up on this forum.

You grey, bearded sad twat.

But your pal, Gaylord du Bois, referred to "another mauling" when quite patently there's never been one.

So who's winding who up, I wonder?

You fucking retarded shitbag....

http://youtu.be/71W7JZd11i4

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Good avoidance of answering the question, bit of a cop out. For me the style of football you are playing, Negredo would have been much better signing, as he would offer more when isolated, as Soldado appears to be so far this season.

Mind you if a Spurs fan gives an opinion, they'll be another along soon after to disagree, ever since phone ins have been in existence, you have been very schizophrenic set of fans, cant seem to agree on anything regarding your own club.

Pretty sure that's exactly what I said.

It's not a competition in any case lol, I said I think Negredo would be an excellent signing for anyone, and I think Soldado will prove to be as well. I agree that Negredo has made a better start but it's only 10 games in and we don't have a team that's settled and been playing together for years like you do.

I still think Soldado will be an excellent signing for us.

stony said:
The system you're playing bears more than a passing resemblance to how Mancini set us up when he first came here.
He got pelters from the media for being a typical defensive Italian, and from Spurs fans on all their forums for being a boring defence minded coach. The ridicule from Spurs quarters, who at the time were being lauded as the best attacking team in the Prem, was quite vociferous.
That all changed of course at the start of the 11/12 season when we comprehensively dismantled you at the lane.

The difference in the two teams is that we had the luxury of players like Silva, Toure and Aguero who can change a game in an instant. I don't think you have the same quality in your attacking line up, and since Bale left, you have no one who can change the game with a moment of individual brilliance.

I've thought about that comparison as well, in some ways it does seem apt. Imo we've been more focused on creating a solid defense and employing an effective high line than we have been in creating good attacking play. Hopefully that will click at some point like it did for you at the beginning of the 11/12 season.

I think we do have players who can be that good for us, especially Eriksen and Lamela but both are still very young and new to the league.

GHoddle said:
stony said:

I've thought about that comparison as well, in some ways it does seem apt. Imo we've been more focused on creating a solid defense and employing an effective high line than we have been in creating good attacking play. Hopefully that will click at some point like it did for you at the beginning of the 11/12 season.

I think we do have players who can be that good for us, especially Eriksen and Lamela but both are still very young and new to the league.

It's certainly too early to write them off yet. When I see you struggling to break teams down with a slow measured build up, it reminds me of City under Mancini everytime.
I suppose the big question is will the fans give him enough time. Considering the contempt you held us in for the same style of play, and considering that over the last few years you've been used to fast attacking football, how soon before the boos start ringing out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.