The value of Petrov

Still pisses me off that the (ex) Bulgarian coach tried to get 2 full games out of the daft fooker (who should have told him to sling his hook by the way)...

Anyway I digress, Petrov is a corking player, and if him "being a hard man" and sticking his leg in a tackle means he spends 6 months at a time on the sidelines, he can pull out of as many tackles as he wants for me. The team is far better with a fully fit Petrov in it.

Aren't we already well enough equiped for counter attacking football with robinho, ireland and SWP? I certainly think so.

His attacking play down the left is what we need. What we don't need is his lack of defence.

Maybe i was a bit blunt before. I hate his defensive ethics (or lack of it). His attacking play i have no problems with. But i find it hard to believe that his lack of tackling and tracking doesnt frustrate any of you???

with bridge behind him i think he would me more lethal, our defence has been of it all season sort that out before blaming the wingers, our defence was top last season with petrov

we are defo missing petrov! if he was back robinho could play more forward and we could get some width with petal and sweep! get a big striker and "bobs ya unkle"! he has a bloody good shot on him our petal has!

PBLZ129 said:
Aren't we already well enough equiped for counter attacking football with robinho, ireland and SWP? I certainly think so.

His attacking play down the left is what we need. What we don't need is his lack of defence.

Maybe i was a bit blunt before. I hate his defensive ethics (or lack of it). His attacking play i have no problems with. But i find it hard to believe that his lack of tackling and tracking doesnt frustrate any of you???

The only thing that frustrates me are twats with inane comments who obviously know nothing about football. The inference that we would have been worse off than we actually are if Petrov had played despite the fact that he either scored or set up 65% of our goals last season just says it all.

Boney said:
PBLZ129 said:

The only thing that frustrates me are twats with inane comments who obviously know nothing about football. The inference that we would have been worse off than we actually are if Petrov had played despite the fact that he either scored or set up 65% of our goals last season just says it all.

He scored or set up 65% of our goals last season? I can't see that bring true, we do miss petrov however i have to wonder where he'd fit in in the current system of 4-5-1

Have to agree, it is also very concerning that his injury is much worse than first thought, and in fact could be career threatening.

Like others have mentioned SWP also out for 5 weeks it does not bode well for surpasses me off all our best players keep getting injured whilst the shit ones feature week in week out.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Boney said:

He scored or set up 65% of our goals last season? I can't see that bring true, we do miss petrov however i have to wonder where he'd fit in in the current system of 4-5-1
We don't play 4-5-1

Would you regard Robinho, SWP, and Elano/Vassell as playing in midfield? The tactics are very very different to Sven's system, and you can see that in the goals scored.

Petrov was over-rated in my view, but nevertheless he was a key player last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.