Theory......another one

barryo said:
Hughes comes from a playing career that had a lot of success and the benefit of playing for many top managers, he will have no doubt have picked up some good( and possibly some bad) habits whilst also adding some of his own. Nevertheless he saw a lot of trophies won and would have learned the difference between winning and losing regimes.

You could say the same for Ince, Keane, Robson, Bruce etc.

moomba said:
barryo said:
Hughes comes from a playing career that had a lot of success and the benefit of playing for many top managers, he will have no doubt have picked up some good( and possibly some bad) habits whilst also adding some of his own. Nevertheless he saw a lot of trophies won and would have learned the difference between winning and losing regimes.

You could say the same for Ince, Keane, Robson, Bruce etc.

True, but they all had chance to prove themselves(apart from Ince)

Winners

Swp
kompany
robinho
hamman
zab

Pliable

ireland
richards
garrido
studge
onuoah
hart
schmikes
caciedo(possibly)
elano(on the border of cosy and plaible. needs to be managed differently)

cosy

jo
dunne
ball
benji
vassell
ben haim

I disagree your theory is flawed, you see there has never been a proven link between success as a player and as a manager, indeed look at the rags, their current manager was never a top player, actually I think as a player he only won like a Scottish Div 2 title, Wenger while winning the French title as a player only appeared 3 times that year SGE of course never played the game. Then you can take the "Busby babes" none became successful managers, the rag team under their current manager, none have become successful managers(, will concede 2 manage in the top flight right now, but have failed to win anything). Even the England 66 world cup winning team produced no successful managers(in fact in Ball it produced the worst club manager in England Football history).

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I disagree your theory is flawed, you see there has never been a proven link between success as a player and as a manager, indeed look at the rags, their current manager was never a top player, actually I think as a player he only won like a Scottish Div 2 title, Wenger while winning the French title as a player only appeared 3 times that year SGE of course never played the game. Then you can take the "Busby babes" none became successful managers, the rag team under their current manager, none have become successful managers(, will concede 2 manage in the top flight right now, but have failed to win anything). Even the England 66 world cup winning team produced no successful managers(in fact in Ball it produced the worst club manager in England Football history).

My theory has got nothing to do with a link between a top player becoming a top manager.
It is about spending years immersed in a winning regime much like Mourinho and Benitez did whilst they were learning their trade.

There is no substitute for experiencing a winning regime.

barryo said:

My theory has got nothing to do with a link between a top player becoming a top manager.
It is about spending years immersed in a winning regime much like Mourinho and Benitez did whilst they were learning their trade.

There is no substitute for experienceng a winning regime.

mmmmmm it still applies where did Ferguson pick up his experience winning? Falkirk, Ayr or perhaps East Stirling. There is no link winning regime or not.

Snoogy posts about money talking. Didn't say much to Lassanna Diarra. We offered the earth, moon and a few stars (fans) and he chose those serial flops Real. If top players are to appear at CoMS then it's because they buy into the project and central to that is the manager. What damage has been done to any reputation Hughes might have had before the bust up with Elano and Jo and Didi and Ball and the guy who sells me a halftime draw ticket on Joe Mercer Way that might prevent the mighty Welshmen Kaka and Villa joining in Jan/July? SGE must have had the biggest little black book in the business, more telephone numbers but he has gone and hopefully won't reappear. I say Hughes for the long term but he better start getting us some points in the short term.

barryo said:

There is no substitute for experienceng a winning regime.

mmmmmm it still applies where did Ferguson pick up his experience winning? Falkirk, Ayr or perhaps East Stirling. There is no link winning regime or not.

Ok I will give you that one....he is an anomaly much like the Oracle in the Matrix....or was Neo the anomaly?

Who knows!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.