Thierry Ambrose

Cos he plays wide in a front three in the academy and he's really, really good at it.

g180aj said:
twosips said:
I guess one way to look at it would be to think 'Is it likely that he'd score a goal if he played in 2 or 3 games back to back' and you'd definitely argue yes, whereas you wouldn't for Navas, Silva or Nasri usually - which is a collective flaw of our midfielders, Yaya aside. Same goes for Barker - you'd expect he'd score at least one in 3 games as its just part of their game.

Great finisher? Maybe not, but someone you'd bet to scoring very frequently? Yep.

Big part of the reason why Ambrose and Barker have a huge chance.

I'm not quite shore why you think we should be using Ambrose as a winger? He is the most natural striker in the academy, and from what I've seen is one of the players I'd put money on making it with us but has a long way to go yet and the same goes for Barker as the Hamburg game proved although it wasn't an exciting game he didn't step up like everyone expected. Under 18's and 21's are a big step away from the premier league never mind the champions league.

He has been better as a wide striker than a central striker, in the older age group,by far. That's why. Miles better.

It's always 50/50 to me with any young kid at the start. They can be brilliant, shit or both one game to the next. I believe these kids need minutes on the pitch to get them used to it & the more time they get the better chance they have of stepping up. In years gone by, lots would have been regulars in the first team squad by now, played parts of games & done fine.

I don't think it's a long way to go at all. If you want them to replace Aguero or Silva then yes. If you want them to come on for 30 mins vs mid table teams, then absolutely not. There was a time when we would have done that & it usually worked often even with kids who weren't that good. They played on adrenaline & the crowd lifted them

We have lost that spark for giving kids an early chance, as a club, & it seems some fans can't remember it either. Now we have to play it safe, even if the 'safe' option is not especially good, or match fit.

You know what I was dreading v Chelsea ? One of those quick young kids coming on, off Chelsea's bench, & leaving our midfield floundering, & Mourinho milking it to death. Luckily, he didn't have the balls to risk it & used Cahill instead. Wanker.

Neville Kneville said:
g180aj said:
twosips said:
I guess one way to look at it would be to think 'Is it likely that he'd score a goal if he played in 2 or 3 games back to back' and you'd definitely argue yes, whereas you wouldn't for Navas, Silva or Nasri usually - which is a collective flaw of our midfielders, Yaya aside. Same goes for Barker - you'd expect he'd score at least one in 3 games as its just part of their game.

Great finisher? Maybe not, but someone you'd bet to scoring very frequently? Yep.

Big part of the reason why Ambrose and Barker have a huge chance.

I'm not quite shore why you think we should be using Ambrose as a winger? He is the most natural striker in the academy, and from what I've seen is one of the players I'd put money on making it with us but has a long way to go yet and the same goes for Barker as the Hamburg game proved although it wasn't an exciting game he didn't step up like everyone expected. Under 18's and 21's are a big step away from the premier league never mind the champions league.

He has been better as a wide striker than a central striker, in the older age group,by far. That's why. Miles better.

It's always 50/50 to me with any young kid at the start. They can be brilliant, shit or both one game to the next. I believe these kids need minutes on the pitch to get them used to it & the more time they get the better chance they have of stepping up. In years gone by, lots would have been regulars in the first team squad by now, played parts of games & done fine.

I don't think it's a long way to go at all. If you want them to replace Aguero or Silva then yes. If you want them to come on for 30 mins vs mid table teams, then absolutely not. There was a time when we would have done that & it usually worked often even with kids who weren't that good. They played on adrenaline & the crowd lifted them

We have lost that spark for giving kids an early chance, as a club, & it seems some fans can't remember it either. Now we have to play it safe, even if the 'safe' option is not especially good, or match fit.

You know what I was dreading v Chelsea ? One of those quick young kids coming on, off Chelsea's bench, & leaving our midfield floundering, & Mourinho milking it to death. Luckily, he didn't have the balls to risk it & used Cahill instead. Wanker.
So then, Pellegrini must be the king of such wankers

SlimShadyRus said:

He's won us two trophies and has got us playing amazing attacking football, but yeah with youth he sucks, Middlesborough, Newcastle and Sheff Wed demonstrate that. Please remember though that suggesting he's bad in one area doesn't mean anyone is suggesting he is bad overall or not happy he is our manager. People seem to forget that when it comes to criticism.

Anyway, Ambrose yeah? I think he's got a lot of potential to make a very decent career for himself as part of this new wave of French talent.

SlimShadyRus said:
Neville Kneville said:
g180aj said:

No Mourinho is.

Only he would bring on a 3rd central defender in a home game, when a win would put his team 8 points clear at the top of the league.

I think for the next season Ambrose(97) should regularly go on training with the 1st team to improve his game and if possible get the chance to play some with them. And of course still playing with the reserve also.

Nasri said:
I think for the next season Ambrose(97) should regularly go on training with the 1st team to improve his game and if possible get the chance to play some with them. And of course still playing with the reserve also.

100% agree. I can't see him struggling at for some reason. I think he'll prove a tough little bastard and find it relatively easy.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWE6hLlDhQ[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0M2fwDWHI[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h83X5hC4Bfg[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7XrLXVWmaw[/video]

Pacey, technical and strong (strong for his age). Seen more of him than Iheanacho, and would rather see Ambrose at this point than Iheanacho, but still a few years away realistically.

Marseille, Lille, Saint Etienne, Bordeaux ,Troyes approched Ambrose's close relation for a loan for the next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.