Thomas Lemar

Supporting English teams in Europe?
What a weird concept, so their fans can come and say you look at our medals? Then they get to attract better players. And make more money.
In my opinion you are not a real fan if you support rival teams from your own country in Europe.

The only teams I'd want to do well are the minor ones, Leicester last season in CL, Fulham the other year and Everton this year in EL. Teams that never win a thing who get a rare shot at success (Spurs excluded obviously).

Agree to a point

But didn't want Leicester doing well it bored me shitless the media creaming themselves over their success

Certain clubs I could never wish to beat anyone and that's not just English teams

R Madrid
Bayern

Being 2 who I detest

I'll answer your question in this way. I can't wish any rival team to lose week in week out in the Prem and then all of a sudden cheer for them just because they happen to be in a European cup final. My football prejudices and instincts are too ossified and calcified for that to happen. The other reason is that I can't stand the wankfest in the media for the next 10 days if they happen to win.

ossified, calcified and wankfest in the same paragraph.

1 in a billion chance that.

I support City. No one else. Seems a little weird and wrong to cheer on someone else just because they are still in a cup and English. The media thinks everyone does it with their..."last English team still left in, the whole country is behind you" bollocks.

Supporting English teams in Europe?
What a weird concept, so their fans can come and say you look at our medals? Then they get to attract better players. And make more money.
In my opinion you are not a real fan if you support rival teams from your own country in Europe.

The only teams I'd want to do well are the minor ones, Leicester last season in CL, Fulham the other year and Everton this year in EL. Teams that never win a thing who get a rare shot at success (Spurs excluded obviously).
I support all English teams in Europe against foreign opposition, I consider myself patriotic above all else.

If English teams do well it reflects well on the league and brings in more revenue, prestige and Champions Leagues places to everyone.

I support all English teams in Europe against foreign opposition, I consider myself patriotic above all else.

If English teams do well it reflects well on the league and brings in more revenue, prestige and Champions Leagues places to everyone.

I think it only reflects well on the teams doing well.

Its an interesting discussion. For me its often team and opponent specific. i back any English team bar United against Real, Barca, Bayern, United and Juve. Granted I don't hate Barca as much as I do the rest, but the spectre of seeing a "great team" lose, appeals to me. :)

Outside of the above 5, I generally lean towards the English teams, except when they are playing a genuine underdog. As then the spectre of a big team losing takes precedence again. :)

So really its quite specific how my emotions change as to who to support. The only constant is wanting United to lose every time no matter what :)

I don't know why, I've never seen a game l wanted them to win. Even when it aided us, logically I could think it, but emotionally I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.