Ticket Collection Celtic away

that's a good point actually - not everyone planning on going Celtic will necessarily have a current passport. They're not exactly cheap to get if you not planning a trip abroad any time soon!
I have similar problems with my kids as they have neither passports or driving licences.and are over 16 but sometimes need I'd to prove how young they are

I think it will be the same. its a funny one though isn't it. I mean sooner or later we'll meet a prem team in Europe so this game will give us a clue as to the clubs policy.

Yeah it is. I don't think they'll do it for the Celtic game personally but hope that they do.

I do think random checks to deter people buying tickets that aren't going to be used by themselves would be a better option though. All it'd take are a few examples of season card holders getting docked loyalty points for not using the ticket they purchased for a lot of it to stop. Losing 2000 points if caught would make it a big risk with regards your future place in the queue.

its the supporters clubs you have to feel sorry for, no longer can it be "jobs for the boys". people wanting to go to the games wont benefit from being the secretarys best mate etc. its no use them giving tickets out to those that attend more meetings than games either. ah well.

What about people without passports? IT would really be a big piss-take having to apply for a passport for a game in the same nation state - especially for the older people with paper driving licenses.

its the supporters clubs you have to feel sorry for, no longer can it be "jobs for the boys". people wanting to go to the games wont benefit from being the secretarys best mate etc. its no use them giving tickets out to those that attend more meetings than games either. ah well.

No they can still do it which is a bigger piss-take as long as they have a support number. The SC tells MCFC who is going after the allocation for the SC is known and then the ones with a lot of points sort themselves out.

so you think it's fair that I can't go to European games anymore because of this system? I have over 16000 points, don't live in the area and go to the games with my parents who have no intention of going to euro aways due to work commitments so my brother goes with me instead. he's a city fan too but doesn't have a season ticket as has to work most weekends. I've been to over 10 euro aways with him but now I can't go on anymore as I'm unwilling to travel on my own. there should be something in the system where a family member can pick up the ticket. It's a joke. I've also sold a ticket I had for an away game once so I'm sorry for being a points whore!
this is where it hurts. I am in the same boat. my daughter is off work the week we play the home tie so she will miss out on all the away legs. she has nigh on 18000 points so I'd love to take my son or grandson to a euro away, sadly the system doesn't allow that. that said I am still in favour of the system as an overall benefit to fans rather than what it could do for me and my family. its a bummer but something had to be done. if we get through I hope to take her in the new year.

No they can still do it which is a bigger piss-take as long as they have a support number. The SC tells MCFC who is going after the allocation for the SC is known and then the ones with a lot of points sort themselves out.
you mean the club sanction the idea of a "name swop" ? so a guy on 200 points can go to barca away?

so you think it's fair that I can't go to European games anymore because of this system? I have over 16000 points, don't live in the area and go to the games with my parents who have no intention of going to euro aways due to work commitments so my brother goes with me instead. he's a city fan too but doesn't have a season ticket as has to work most weekends. I've been to over 10 euro aways with him but now I can't go on anymore as I'm unwilling to travel on my own. there should be something in the system where a family member can pick up the ticket. It's a joke. I've also sold a ticket I had for an away game once so I'm sorry for being a points whore!

Why don't you both go up together for the 'craic' and when it comes to the game he can just watch it in the pub?

I'm in a similar position in that my season ticket is in my mum's name, although she only had it for a year before I took it on and have since gone to all home games and as many aways as I can afford each season on it, so I do consider them 'my points'. But I've had to accept the pick-up system is what it is and just make the decision on whether to go on aways in Europe on how likely I am to get a ticket on my mum's (in my name) much lower point seasoncard, or whether I'm willing to just go anyway even without going to the actual game. I did that before they brought the system in for the second trip to Barca anyway as tickets for the nou camp are a rip-off and still had a good trip from what I remember - the 90mins of football are hardly the only reason to go on an away trip for most of us. Sure you'd both have a good time.

I don't agree with the system and it's annoying to miss out on what is basically an admin error that we could not have foreseen (as well as having to go through the hassle of picking up tickets in what might not be a convenient location etc) but I can see why some people like the fact it makes 'point whoring' more difficult, although it doesn't stop a similar situation happening in SOME supporters club where they allocate tickets to whoever they want from their allocation, and leave those with highest points to buy theirs directly. I said SOME supporters clubs before anyone kicks off ha ha! To believe 'points whoring' is why the system was brought in however is naïve in my opinion as if the club cared about who got tickets they would not give away so many to corporate fans and day trippers which they do for all away games, and particularly the most popular ones.

But anyway like I say, just go for the trip!

you mean the club sanction the idea of a "name swop" ? so a guy on 200 points can go to barca away?

They can allocate the ticket to that member in the first place, the beauty of supporters clubs. You got clubs starting in 2011 whose main members were unable to get FA Cup final tickets however get United away tickets for the 6-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.