Ticket queues in Glasgow

Have the security send you to separate queues depending on the number or letter on your ticket confirmation, xxx1- xxx10 go to desk A, xxx11- xxx20 desk B etc, or if only 5 desks then 1-20, 21- 40, means that the staff will have your ticket & wristband on their desk saving time, have a couple of "floating" staff that can go to a desk that is having a "peak" in demand.
(Similar to the polling stations on election days)
Was this how it was or is this a way to make it better mate ?

No downside?

• The people stood for two hours queuing in the rain could see one
  • The people missing their valuable free time in a new city could see one
  • The people who got stuck in traffic trying to get to the city centre collection point and missed getting their ticket could see one
  • The people who fell ill on the day of the game or couldn't travel up for whatever reason could see one
  • The people who had to pay £12 to park for a couple of hours could see one
  • The city staff facing angry customers could see one
  • And those facing extra costs to pick up tickets at away games can see one

But no, you're right, let's lick the club's ring piece whilst our freedoms are further eroded by the sops like you.

It has nothing to do with points whores, only an idiot believes that self perpetuating guff.

can't argue with that steve. i'm beginning to think fuck it if its whores, security or indeed control its just not worth the hassle. we should not have to wait two hour to buy a product we have already paid for and we certainly shouldn't have two hours taken from our trip., the extra cost also like taxis etc add to the price of the ticket in reality.

well pissed off with the organisation for the ticket collection, making us queue outside with the weather starting to turn, why couldn't they rope it off insde, have a few more staff to issue tickets and to control the flow of blues as just as we were getting close to the door the rain albeit lightly started then a coach dropped off and several tried to push in at the front with one gobby shite starting on a lad who objected, should never have been allowed. i agree with the idea in principle of having to collect tickets and provide ID as it does stop people buying and selling on to get loyalty points, but there must be a better way.

Of course it is

Let me tell you a story.....
Think of Mr Corporate as Tom Hanks in Cast Away talking to his basketball Wilson

Are we sitting comfortably @didsburyblu @mancitymick @Bilboblue @Danamy ?
Mr Corporate has a box at City, when the draw is made he is asked would he like tickets for any of the games. "Aye" he says, "I'll take five for the Celtic game at Parkhead.
"You do realise we will need their names and you will have to collect the tickets in Glasgow and show ID?"
"Fuck off Wilson, I'm not doing that, do you really think my clients are going to do that? Any way I'm not sure who will be going yet as plans may change on the day and they might not go so someone else may go.
"Sorry" says Wilson, "that's now club policy"
Mr Corporate gets angry and puffs out his chest " you do know how much business I bring you, I get at least five tickets for most game!, I'm not doing it, you'll have to give me the tickets and the wristbands before I go. If not I'm going to puncture you".
Wilson relents, gives Mr Corporate his five tickets, his five wristbands and he hands them out to his clients.

So much for making sure tickets go to the 'right' people. Next time you fall short of a ticket for a big game send your thanks to Mr Corporate and the basketball.

A true story dat
Am I supposed to be surprised by that, double standards as usual and treated like second class citizens.

Whatever happened to the supporters meetings which they used to hold with the club where you could voice your concerns, they miraculously disappeared overnight aswell?.........all the fans I speak to are starting to feel more distant from the club than ever before, what the fuck is going on?

So what are the real reasons then for this method of distribution?

No downside?

• The people stood for two hours queuing in the rain could see one
  • The people missing their valuable free time in a new city could see one
  • The people who got stuck in traffic trying to get to the city centre collection point and missed getting their ticket could see one
  • The people who fell ill on the day of the game or couldn't travel up for whatever reason could see one
  • The people who had to pay £12 to park for a couple of hours could see one
  • The city staff facing angry customers could see one
  • And those facing extra costs to pick up tickets at away games can see one

But no, you're right, let's lick the club's ring piece whilst our freedoms are further eroded by the sops like you.

It has nothing to do with points whores, only an idiot believes that self perpetuating guff.

I did not say there was no downside did I - but if your rant makes you feel better well that's means my post was helpful - not bad for a sop and idiot.

Still stand my opinion though and I will be happy to continue to suffer such profound consequences to address what IMO is a significant problem - if I am allowed the right to have my own opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.